Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not hot water, mains switch tripping.

2 posters

Go down

Not hot water, mains switch tripping. Empty Not hot water, mains switch tripping.

Post  markchandler Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:51 am

Hi,
woke up to no hot water, no lights & no display on timer unit, I managed to get hot water by turning the immersion heater swith on. Switched mains switch on, reset timer unit & came home to find it had tripped again.
The fault light has not come on & the green light is not on either. when I take the cover off the reset switch is ok & the red light on the circuit board is flashing twice every second.
If I put the boost or the immersion switch on I am able to get hot water but not if I set the times, & also the off peak factory setting is not producing hot water either even though it comes on through the night.
So basically I only get hot water if turned on manually but not timed. No green light, no red light.
Please help.

Mark

markchandler

Back to top Go down

Not hot water, mains switch tripping. Empty Re: Not hot water, mains switch tripping.

Post  THERMAL SOLUTIONS Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:49 am

sounds to me as if you have lower element /stat failure.
turn off power to unit via all 3 wall switches remove front cover you will see lower heater element [black cover] remove and check cap for water or condensation inside.
your themostat should be loose in its sheath if covered in limescale it needs replacing !!!
green and red are led so never really bright anyway, try checking with the lights off !!
hope this helps
mark.
www.gledhill-repair.co.uk

THERMAL SOLUTIONS

http://www.gledhill-repair.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Not hot water, mains switch tripping. Empty Not hot water, mains switch tripping.

Post  markchandler Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks that looks like the answer, what part is needed & do you know the serial number of the part required?
Mark

markchandler

Back to top Go down

Post  markchandler Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:39 pm

I took your advice & had the lower element changed but still I have the same problem.
Still No hot water unless I get up & turn the manual immersion heater switch on, still even then I do not get much hot water. Anymore advice, cant seem to find any plumber etc who wants to touch it, had to get a relation who knows the basics to change the lower element.
Please help!!!!!!!!!
Mark

markchandler

Back to top Go down

Not hot water, mains switch tripping. Empty Re: Not hot water, mains switch tripping.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down