Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

green light but no hot water ;o(

5 posters

Go down

green light but no hot water ;o( Empty green light but no hot water ;o(

Post  chancar Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:01 am

Hi all

I have a pulsacoil 2000, it is 4 years old. This morning there was no hot water, or last night. I have checked and the green light is on, there are NO red light's flashing and all looks fine with the boiler, but the water from all taps is cold. I have checked the grey tank which is 50% full, so no issues, does anyone know someone who can come out to fix my boiler, as we are very cold!!! I live in Fulham (SW6)
thanks

Chancar

chancar

Back to top Go down

green light but no hot water ;o( Empty green light on but no hot water

Post  ossyor Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:39 pm

I have exactly the same problem. Suddenly woke up yesterday morning and the water was only lukewarm. If i turn it up it gets cold, if i turn it down it warms slightly. The thermostat timer control thing, made by grassilin doesnt light up when i press the boost button or when it is turned on, and im sure it used to before. Boilder is pulsacoil 2000, was installed sometime in 2004, kingston upon thames. As Chancer, The tank above the boiler is half full.

ossyor

Back to top Go down

green light but no hot water ;o( Empty repaired

Post  ossyor Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:58 am

got someone to come out to fix it. Charged me £206 to replace the Grassilin clock timer. Seems to be working now. Took him 10 minutes, im thinking of a career change...thats more than my salary per day and im a doctor.

ossyor

Back to top Go down

green light but no hot water ;o( Empty Slightly different problem but same area...

Post  flick Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:53 pm

For the record, I think we'll see quite a few fellow SW6 visitors posting here as I believe we all have boilers from the same manufacturer? I am having problems with the A-Class (rather than 2000) so apologies for posting here instead.

There have been on-going problems with the manual timer dying but thankfully the boost has been superb between the replacements, although we were aware that the relays would probably die at some point. This time, the main off-peak heating function stopped working again - a new engineer came round, proclaimed that the relays were dying soon and the manual timer was broken (again) - and replaced both relays and the timer.

Two days of repair work and ... we still have no hot water and no boost to boot this time either, even though the (new) automatic timer appears to be activating the heater; I mean, 5 hours of red light on the 'indicator' and no hot water is pretty indicative of a problem!

Personally, I LOVE this boiler because it's efficient, quiet and it does what it says on the tin, but the components just can't seem to keep up. I have topped up the nice little tank at the top (not quite to the halfway watermark but definitely almost there) and until Monday comes, am currently at a loss and facing two days worth of ice cold showers.

p/s: Just a random thought, but perhaps Mr Mike the Boilerman (who should be applauded for creating this fantastic website and forum) could consider migrating towards this area?

p/s2: Green light consistently on. No flashing warning and manual boost does not work (the engineer did say it wouldn't but assured us the normal heating function with the timer should) Now I think about it, the engineer did say they weren't the right relays... don't know why that didn't set alarm bells ringing at the time. How much flexibility can be given for relays?

p/s3: Glad yours is working now, ossyor. Enjoy that hot shower/bath! I know I will next week!

flick

Back to top Go down

green light but no hot water ;o( Empty Re: green light but no hot water ;o(

Post  flick Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Just to follow up. A new person came round who knew what he was talking about - the previous engineers hadn't installed the fuse holder properly on the board, so it was loose...

flick

Back to top Go down

Post  flick Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:39 pm

I spoke too soon. There was some hot water (for a few minutes) but now there's no more hot water. This is too confusing... I am sure the boiler is much more efficient than this!

Will continue posting in the correct 'a-class' forum from now on.

flick

Back to top Go down

Post  permanexplumbing Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:27 am

Hi All

Mike - I think that the forum is great and the advice given is really useful. We are one of the Gledhill approved companies in the SW London area. Nearly all the new developments along the river here are using Gledhill units and many of them are going wrong - it certainly is keeping us busy. Without wanting to tread on your toes, but obviously realising that you are in Reading and may not be able to get to this area, I would like to offer our services as a back up to yours if you are unavailable.

All the best and keep up the good work.

Tim
Permanex Plumbing

permanexplumbing

http://www.permanex-plumbing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

green light but no hot water ;o( Empty The self check guide maybe able to help if any future problems occur.

Post  sunny.sahdev Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:52 am

Request the self check Pulsacoil guide which is helping other Pulsacoil users near you. You can get it via this link: Pulsacoil 2000

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down