Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate 2000 will not fill up

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate 2000 will not fill up Empty Boilermate 2000 will not fill up

Post  david_williams Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:32 am

Hi Mike, great site.

In my new house, the heating system was drained down and left unused for several months. Now, the Boilermate 2000 does not fill with water. A local plumber cleaned the header tank and pipes leading from it but still the Boilermate 2000 will not fill.

The downstairs radiators have filled up OK.

Is there any way of unblocking the Boilermate 2000 or introducing water into it some other way?

Many thanks.

david_williams

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 will not fill up Empty Re: Boilermate 2000 will not fill up

Post  Orlando Wed May 19, 2010 3:29 am

Hi David (and others)

I'm facing a similar problem - I drained my system to replace the PHE sensor, but now it won't seem to fill back up. I've added the drained water back to the expansion tank, but the system seems to be airlocked (or similar).

I may have not isolated the PHE pump water valves before draining, so not sure if I've drained more water out of the system than I should have...

Any ideas?

Orlando

Back to top Go down

Post  Orlando Wed May 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Sorted this out by pushing water in to the drain valve next to the PHE sensor from a hosepipe (off the domestic cold water supply).
That seemed to clear the blockage / airlock, since the level in the expansion tank dropped down a fair bit underneath the overflow pipe (where it had been sitting previously).
All looking good for now!

(ps - it's brilliant that these forums exist, and have such a great level of input from all contributors!)

Orlando

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down