Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repair Charges

2 posters

Go down

Repair Charges Empty Repair Charges

Post  Joanne Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:19 am

Hi Mike

what a great website you have created I hope that it has generated you lots of work as it is very helpful!

As I live in Dartford Kent and it would cost too much for you to travel to me I wondered if you could just advise me if the quote from Gledhill Response I received today for £300 + VAT (including call out, parts, labour & 12 month's warranty) was in your opinion good & reasonable??

The Electramate 2000 boiler we have has broken down, there is no pressure showing. It is only 5 years old and has already had various parts fitted in 2007.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Joanne

Joanne

Back to top Go down

Repair Charges Empty Re: Repair Charges

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:49 am

Hi Joanne,

Yes, it is a good price. Possibly good to be true!

I don't mean to suggest they won't come and fix it for that, more that I cannot see how they can run a viable nationwide repair service with such low charges. That's the sort of charge I'd make for local call and I don't have their overheads (offices, managers, telephone staff etc) to also pay for out of my charges. I suppose they have access to parts at cost price though....

Let us know how you get on please!

Cheers, Mike

Joanne wrote:Hi Mike

what a great website you have created I hope that it has generated you lots of work as it is very helpful!

As I live in Dartford Kent and it would cost too much for you to travel to me I wondered if you could just advise me if the quote from Gledhill Response I received today for £300 + VAT (including call out, parts, labour & 12 month's warranty) was in your opinion good & reasonable??

The Electramate 2000 boiler we have has broken down, there is no pressure showing. It is only 5 years old and has already had various parts fitted in 2007.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Joanne

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down