Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate 2000 hot water

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate 2000 hot water Empty Boilermate 2000 hot water

Post  Bluemax32000 Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:05 am

Hi there,
I am working on a Boilermate 2000 and seeing as i have not come across these before, i thought i would ask the professionals.

The water to the taps & shower mixer cycle from hot to cold. This is only for a few seconds, then it will get really hot and stay like that for a while and then go again.

I thought it may have been the heat exchanger at first, but i was wandering about the hot water sensors?.

The pump for the hot water runs intermitantly, but sounds like the pump is not running all the time that the hot water is running, making a buzzing sound.

My thoughts were that the pump was on it's way out.

The water pressure is very high, not checked the incoming pressure yet.

I know these boilers are rated to 3 bar, so anything above that could it be a problem to this type of boiler?

Any information would be greatly received.

Regards

Bluemax32000

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 hot water Empty Re: Boilermate 2000 hot water

Post  Midland Boilercare Sun May 16, 2010 4:42 am

Hi Bluemax

Sorry for the late reply to this post. if the repair hasn't been completed yet, it would seem to me that either the hot water or the PHE sensors are causing the problem.
Check the readings on the display panel. Any reading that says Err indicates a faulty sensor.

Kind regards
David Hickey
Midland Boilercare Ltd
service@midlandboilercare.co.uk
Midland Boilercare
Midland Boilercare

http://www.midlandboilercare.co.uk

Back to top Go down