Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Enough Hot Water

3 posters

Go down

Not Enough Hot Water Empty Not Enough Hot Water

Post  Sean D Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:26 am

Hi,

For a while now i have had Hot water problems ever since the clocks went back. I only have enough hot water for a 10 minute shower in the mornings before it goes cold. I have checked the Sensor LED light and it intermittently goes from Normal to T1 sensor error to T2 Sensor error and then back to Normal again. I have changed the off peak heating times to coincide with the off peak tariff (No change) and have just recently changed both sensors and am still getting the same problems. I have to use the booster in the evenings and this doesnt even seem to supply enough hot water either.

Any Idea's?

Sean D

Back to top Go down

Not Enough Hot Water Empty Re: Not Enough Hot Water

Post  Mike the Boilerman Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi Sean,

Firstly, I don't think this can possibly have anything to do with the clocks going back. Pure coincidence.

Does the lower immersion heater feel hot to the touch in the morning?

Given you've changed the sensors it is probably a sticky pump. Try a new pump motor.

Cheers, Mike

Sean D wrote:Hi,

For a while now i have had Hot water problems ever since the clocks went back. I only have enough hot water for a 10 minute shower in the mornings before it goes cold. I have checked the Sensor LED light and it intermittently goes from Normal to T1 sensor error to T2 Sensor error and then back to Normal again. I have changed the off peak heating times to coincide with the off peak tariff (No change) and have just recently changed both sensors and am still getting the same problems. I have to use the booster in the evenings and this doesnt even seem to supply enough hot water either.

Any Idea's?

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean D Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:58 am

Hi,

I have checked the lower immersion heater and it is Hot in the mornings but once i have had a shower it is cold.

Do you think a sticky pump would give T1 and T2 sensors errors? The PCB seems to flash a T1 and T2 sensor error only while the water is running, even tho i have changed the sensors. My Pump was set at 3 but now i have set it a 1. The unit is just ver 3 years old.

Cheers

Sean

Sean D

Back to top Go down

Not Enough Hot Water Empty You could be right

Post  sunny.sahdev Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:28 am

Hi Sean,

You could be right, those components and the pump need checking.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down