Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fluctuating water temperature in shower

3 posters

Go down

Fluctuating water temperature in shower Empty Fluctuating water temperature in shower

Post  JamieC Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Could someone please suggest what might be causing the temperature of the water when showering to fluctuate from slightly too hot to slightly too cool repeatedly every couple of minutes or so. Reading through a variety of forums suggests that it could be either a faulty pump speed control board or a scaled up plate heat exchanger and given that these are both fairly expensive parts, I do not wish to replace either unneccesarily. Additionally, neither the green light nor the red light are illuminated on the front of the boiler although the red flashing light on the control board in the top right corner appears to be functioning correctly. Any guidance would be vey gratefully received. Thanks!

JamieC

Back to top Go down

Fluctuating water temperature in shower Empty Re: Fluctuating water temperature in shower

Post  mike Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Does the hot water do the same at the taps?
If they are ok sounds like shower.
Is it thermostatic?
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Fluctuating water temperature in shower Empty Re: Fluctuating water temperature in shower

Post  JamieC Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi Mike - apologies for the delay in my response, I have been away. My shower is a basic mixer tap model - not thermostatic. The problem does occur at the other taps but does settle down to a more constant temperature after several hot/cold cycles. I have lived in this property for a couple of years, Monday to Friday - returning to my family home at weekends. I have been in the habit of turning the boiler off at the timer over the weekends and wonder whether this has contributed to the current hot water situation? Thanks for taking the time to respond to my enquiries.

JamieC

Back to top Go down

Post  MK Group Ltd Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:57 am

Hi
The first thing I would do is change the DHW heat sensor. This is a classic indicacator of it failing. If the problem persists after changing it I would then change the phe return sensor too and check the heat exchanger for scale contaminination.

Regards

Gary
MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd

http://www.mkgroupltd.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down