Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fusebox tripping

4 posters

Go down

Fusebox tripping Empty Fusebox tripping

Post  skaterboi Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:16 am

Hi Mike, hope you can help. I have a Pulsacoil III linked to a 'Sangamo E7'. When the Sangamo switch kicked in the other night it tripped my main fuse board. I set the switch on the Sangamo to 'Off' and reset the board but when I switched the Sangamo back on it tripped the board again. I then pushed the 'Boost' on the Sangamo with the switch in the 'Off' position and the display showed the boost to be on. To double check I slid the switch into the on position and the red boost light was on but when I slid the switch back it tripped the fuse board again. Are you able to tell me if the fault is with the Sangamo switch or the Pulsacoil. I checked both fuses in the plugs for the heating elements and they are both fine. Thanks.

skaterboi

Back to top Go down

Fusebox tripping Empty Re: Fusebox tripping

Post  Mike the Boilerman Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:12 pm

skaterboi,

Difficult to say what it is as I'm not familiar with the Sangamo timer you mention. Breaker tripping is usually caused by heater element failure though. Either flaiure of the outer sheath in the tank, or leakage of the thermostat pocket leading to water in the thermostat. Either way I think you probably need new heater elements. A common problem on the Pulsacoil III.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  skaterboi Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:03 am

Hi Mike, thanks for your prompt reply.

skaterboi

Back to top Go down

Fusebox tripping Empty Same problem

Post  Rishi Mehta Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:50 am

Hi Mike,

The off-peak immersion in my PC3 was tripping the electricity so we have now drained the tank, swapped out both immersions and re-filled the tank (with inhibitor additive).

However, the diagnostic LED was then flashing at high frequency which was resolved after replacing both sensors. So, it seems either sheer coincidence that the sensors failed straight after replacing the immersions or we missed a trick in protecting the sensors somehow when doing the immersion replacement work.

What do you think - bad luck or do sensors generally have to also be replaced (or protected somehow) at the same time as the immersion heaters?

Thanks,

Rishi

Rishi Mehta

Back to top Go down

Fusebox tripping Empty Sensor also become faulty

Post  sunny.sahdev Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:44 am

Yes sensors do become faulty but sometimes the PCB give incorrect reading via the LED

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down