Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate 2000 - heating on all the time

4 posters

Go down

Boilermate 2000 - heating on all the time Empty Boilermate 2000 - heating on all the time

Post  wildcampion Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi - I would really appreciate some advice on a problem with my Boilermate 2000. Have had it for 7 years with no problem but today the central heating has stuck permanently on even though the room thermostat is turned as low as possible and the timer on the Boilermate is set to 'off'. Taking a look at the front panel:

1) The green 'Power On' light is not on
2) The LED display says 'On' with just the middle horizontal LED bar (store) lit up
3) The green LED lights are lit up for boiler, boiler pump on AND heating pump on

I can't check the temperature settings because when I press SW2 or SW1 nothing happens.

From reading other topics on here I'm wondering if the ACB board has gone, but am hoping it's something simpler and cheaper!!

Brian

wildcampion

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 - heating on all the time Empty Re: Boilermate 2000 - heating on all the time

Post  Midland Boilercare Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:25 am

Hi Brian

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, the processor on the ACB has certainly crashed.
You could try and re-boot the board by going through the commissioning sequence using jumper number 5, but generally the board will need replacing.

We cover the East/West Midlands if you need our help
Midland Boilercare
Midland Boilercare

http://www.midlandboilercare.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 - heating on all the time Empty Thanks - know any Merseyside Boilermate experts?

Post  wildcampion Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:05 pm

Thanks for the advice David - things have now got worse - no hot water or heating and the digital display has died. Unfortunately, we are not in your area. If you or anyone else knows of someone in Merseyside who could replace the ACB I'd be very grateful. Out of 3 plumbers tried so far, one didn't know anything about Boilermates and two haven't called back! Or is it possible for a numpty like me to replace the ACB? I can only do the most basic DIY but I'd be willing to give it a go!

Brian

wildcampion

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 - heating on all the time Empty Re: Boilermate 2000 - heating on all the time

Post  scorp Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:43 am

Brian,

My system had nearly the same simptoms. When I switched it off or switched off just boiler to cut bill, then next time i switch it on PCB behaves strangly, doesn't react on SW and heating was on for hours until PCB returns into normal state. I suspect some capasitors got dry so when you switch on processor was not reset properly. It is like Skybox, having it plugged into mains for years it works but as soon as you disconnect it from mains it doesn't start(the PSU). Anyway, having some capasitors ready i'm waiting for the next fault to come, although don't have it for months. For you it will be easier to replace PCB. It is very straight forward, just check jumpers and connection on old one and connect the same way new one. Or leave system on for hours(may be day) and hopefully PCB will restart.
Alex

scorp

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 - heating on all the time Empty same problem

Post  Flashmaster Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi there

I have the same problem however

After removing the font

1) The green 'Power On' light is not on
2) The LED display says 'On' with just the middle horizontal LED bar (store) lit up
3) none of the green LED lights are lit up for boiler

When I press SW2 or SW1 the temp is displayed and I can confirm there are no problems with the hot water.

Like the previous poster I am led to believe this is a faulty ACB but I was hoping it wasn’t.

You mention going through the commissioning sequence again, perhaps I am being daft here but I have had a look at the technical manual and it doesn’t mention anything to do with jumper 5 just that it should be checked jumper 1,3,4 should be connected.

Would you be able to explain what you meant about jumper 5 so I can try and reboot the board.

Many thanks in advance

Flashmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down