Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heating on...Water cold!!

4 posters

Go down

Heating on...Water cold!! Empty Heating on...Water cold!!

Post  jesper Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi there, I'm hoping this isn't too big a problem, but I have an Electramate 2000 (unsure if it's 9 or 12 kW!) and it works great, I have warm water and warm radiators...but only one at a time!! Every time I switch the heating on, the hot water goes, almost instantly! This is particularly evident at night for some reason. Have you any idea what might be causing this and any possible solutions?!

jesper

Back to top Go down

Heating on...Water cold!! Empty Re: Heating on...Water cold!!

Post  Mike the Boilerman Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Sorry but I've never encountered this specific fault. My feeling is that a new control board will be needed. Expensive I'm afraid...

Cheers Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  jesper Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Mike the Boilerman wrote:Sorry but I've never encountered this specific fault. My feeling is that a new control board will be needed. Expensive I'm afraid...

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike.

I should have added that the hot water actually runs hot and cold regardless of whether the heating is on, perhaps this is a related fault that could help the diagnosis?

For example, doing the dishes at dinner time, the water will run hot for about 20 seconds and then cold for 30secs to a minute then warm again for 15-20 seconds. This continues until you stop running the water!

Could this be a related fault, and easily fixable?

Thanks again for your reply!

Craig

jesper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike the Boilerman Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:08 am

Ah right, in that case it's a sensor problem. DHW sensor by far the most likely, but possibly the PHE. DHW is the easiest to change so I suggest changing that one first.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mafiafran Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:08 am

My feeling is that a new control board will be needed. Expensive I'm afraid...

As Seen On TV Store
internetine parduotuve

mafiafran

Back to top Go down

Post  craig Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:41 am

Hi there
i have an electramate 2000 with a similar if not the same problem, The cental heating is working fine, hot water however is not, it will run hot then run cold for around 30 seconds each, on the led display the symbol for dhw is shown and when it apaently runs cold the symbol goes out, if i remove the plug with dhw sensors connected to them the symbol for dhw remains on but the water temp is still up and down, also there is no fault codes shown on the led display? please help this is driving me crackers!
thanks craig

craig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down