Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for an Experienced Gledhill Potterton engineer near Cambridge

2 posters

Go down

Looking for an Experienced Gledhill Potterton engineer near Cambridge Empty Looking for an Experienced Gledhill Potterton engineer near Cambridge

Post  matg Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:47 am

Hi,

We have a BMII and a Potterton Suprima, both about 12 years old. I've recently resolved the buzzing problem by replacing the capacitors on both BMII circuit boards, so no more buzzing and all seems well.

However the Suprima has now decided to make a odd ticking noise that seems to travel up the pipes to the BMII which is in in cupboard in our bedroom and now its cold and the boiler is firing more (probably twice from about 10:30pm to 7:30 am) its waking us up!

I need an engineer to have a look to see what is actually causing the issue and also we are thinking about a possible descale, so can anyone recommend an engineer near Cambridge or Huntingdon.

Thanks

matg

Back to top Go down

Looking for an Experienced Gledhill Potterton engineer near Cambridge Empty Re: Looking for an Experienced Gledhill Potterton engineer near Cambridge

Post  Southampton Technician Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:17 pm

ticking noises are often caused by pipework expansion, check to see if the pipework is touching any woodwork, if so slide something between them, even a sheet of paper to allow pipe to slid over the wood. If the boiler suffers from lockouts there is a pcb fault with some batch numbers and potterton have been replacing pcb etc.

Southampton Technician

Back to top Go down

Looking for an Experienced Gledhill Potterton engineer near Cambridge Empty Re: Looking for an Experienced Gledhill Potterton engineer near Cambridge

Post  matg Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:31 am

Hi,

Its not heat expansion, when I say ticking its more like small helicopter is in the boiler! I gets louder as the boiler comes on and then stays loud until it stop firing, much more of a mechanical sound.

Mat

matg

Back to top Go down

Post  Southampton Technician Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Heres a couple more ideas, moving parts that may produce the sound you describe, primary pump or the fuel fan.

Southampton Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  matg Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:36 am

Yes, definitely something that is moving, my money is on the fan.

matg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down