Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overheat safety trip

2 posters

Go down

Overheat safety trip Empty Overheat safety trip

Post  Charlotte Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:07 am

Hi,

So my initial problem was a burned out power relay. I smelt an electrical burning type smell, called an electrician out who fixed it right away.
Now I have hot water but the LED on the outside is flashing rapidly which means 'overheat safety trip' which continues even after pressing reset. The electrician is now stuck and can't help any more or offer me anyone else who might be able to help. Is there a thermistat that can be altered? Who should I ask to fix it now?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Charlotte

Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Overheat safety trip Empty Re: Overheat safety trip

Post  Mike the Boilerman Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi Charlotte,

This sounds to me like a control board error. I don't have a great deal of experience with the A-Class as they are a recent model only just coming out of warranty, but I know the control board controls the temperature of the unit, unlike previous Pulsacoil versions where the temp is controlled by individual thermostats.

It may be possible to re-set the board if you get your electrician to call Gledhill while he is on site, or alternatively a new board will almost certainly fix it.

Cheers, Mike

Charlotte wrote:Hi,

So my initial problem was a burned out power relay. I smelt an electrical burning type smell, called an electrician out who fixed it right away.
Now I have hot water but the LED on the outside is flashing rapidly which means 'overheat safety trip' which continues even after pressing reset. The electrician is now stuck and can't help any more or offer me anyone else who might be able to help. Is there a thermistat that can be altered? Who should I ask to fix it now?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Charlotte

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlotte Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:35 am

Thanks for your reply Mike,

For your information and anyone else interested, I hired an ex gledhill engineer. He said that the electrician had bought the wrong part when he installed the contactor. This part turned the unit off when the timer turned it on, and turned the unit on when the timer turned it off. (So it was heating all day then went off during the off peak night time - great!)
Also, it overrode the temperature restrictor mechanism so the thing was heating water to 90 degrees rather than 30 or 40. Therefore it was overheating and stopping and i was getting random hot and cold water.

An expensive mess. Thanks again for your help.
If anyone is having problems with theirs i'd recommend bypassing 'standard' electricians and finding someone who knows what they're doing from the start!

Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down