Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ongoing problems

4 posters

Go down

ongoing problems Empty ongoing problems

Post  hannahs Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi all!

Wish i'd found this site when i first moved in to my flat!

Moved in in september and not long after the lights went out on the front of the boiler and i called the plumber in. At first he reckoned it was an issue with the thermostats so he replaced them but that didn't fix it. A neighbour suggested in the mean time topping the top tank up and when the guy came again after a while we tried that and it worked. But then we had a problem where the water would go cold - and i don't jsut mean cool but cold -after about 5 sec. Plumber thought it might be something wrong with the pump but realised that some of the wiring inside had been knocked out of place and that corrected that. Then a few weeks later it started tripping the fuse. Not when it was on normal heating only when on boost. The plumber came back, again, and after trying the stats reckoned we needed to replace the immersions. We drained the boiler to save on labour cost and he came and replaced the immersions. All was fine. Until...

The hot water started to alternate between hot and cold. So go hot to cold to hot to cold to hot... But it wouldn't do it all of the time. So we lived with it for a bit (tbh, I couldn't afford to get him back!). Then it got more and more frequent and I gave in and did a bit of searching and last weekend tried turning the pump up to 3 as it was on 1. This worked with the taps but with the showers it only gave us luke warm water, unless we didn't turn the shower on properly, then it was a bit warmer. There is an ongoing problem with bad water pressure in my floor of the flat block, could this be the cause?

Anyway, to add to this, now the water isn't getting hot at all. Any ideas before i ring give up and gledhill (now that i know they provide servicing!). All the lights are on on the front of the boiler etc

hannahs

Back to top Go down

ongoing problems Empty Re: ongoing problems

Post  mike Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:39 am

Look on this site Home page.
Click on list of advertisers, you may find one in your area.

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahs Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:11 am

thanks Mike. I'm in manchester so there only appears to be a possible one!

I should also say that the water that's coming out now doesn't appear to be completely unheated i.e. it's not as cold as the cold tap, but it's still cold. If that makes sense.

hannahs

Back to top Go down

ongoing problems Empty Give us a call me might be able to help

Post  sunny.sahdev Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:03 am

Call us on 0800 046 1241 and we may be able to go over this with you.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  life of bryan Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:54 am

Sounds like it is probably the pump speed sensor needs changing,not a big job and about £30 for the part.

Edit: Just realised this was from ages ago,sorry.

life of bryan

Back to top Go down

ongoing problems Empty It could help someone in the future

Post  sunny.sahdev Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:29 am

Don't worry even if it is an old post, some on could stumble across this and it could help them.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down