Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Light Constantly Flashing On Circuit Board, No Hot Water

4 posters

Go down

Red Light Constantly Flashing On Circuit Board, No Hot Water Empty Red Light Constantly Flashing On Circuit Board, No Hot Water

Post  Boiler Blues Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:58 am

Hi Mike,

I have a pulsacoil III boiler which is not giving hot water. I have previously replaced both heating elements back in March 2010 when i had a simular probelm, This solved the issue @ the time however this time around i have new symptoms. The water level is topped up, the green water level light is ON, the overheat light if OFF, i removed the front panel & there is a constantly flashing RED LIGHT on the circuit board. I assume this is the probelm but i am not sure how to proceed. Which part do i need to check / replace?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Boiler Blues

Back to top Go down

Red Light Constantly Flashing On Circuit Board, No Hot Water Empty Re: Red Light Constantly Flashing On Circuit Board, No Hot Water

Post  mike Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:25 am

Go to Gledhill website and down load manual
Page 14 give you the status code of the flashing red light.
I would say that it is sensor or faulty wiring.
If the light / led is flashing as per the book.
Is the unit hot?
Could be the pump or flow switch or PCB.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Red Light Constantly Flashing On Circuit Board, No Hot Water Empty Re: Red Light Constantly Flashing On Circuit Board, No Hot Water

Post  Boiler Blues Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:53 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply, the boiler stays cold and does not get hot at all, i am trying to narrow down which part I need to replace...any suggestions?

Thanks for your help in advance

Boiler Blues

Back to top Go down

Post  Boiler Blues Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:00 am

Hi again Mike,

I'm just giving you some further info regarding the symptoms with my boiler.

I have been switching on the emergency switch in order to try & get some hot water. this has worked fine for the hot water tap, but not for the shower.Shower only runs hot for about 2 minutes then water turns cold again, I don't know if this info helps you in any way to diagnose what you think may be causing my no hot water problem but Im wishing to order the part for the boiler that needs replacing but haven't a clue which part to get? pump,flow switch, PCB, or DHW sensor? as i stated in my previous email the boiler remains cold at all times, & the red light flashes 7 times per second on the circuit board.

Thanks for your time & help

Philip

Boiler Blues

Back to top Go down

Post  MK Group Ltd Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:01 am

Hi Philip / Mike,

Having read the post and replies...

The Pulsacoil 3 doesnt have a flow switch??

If you are getting water from the emergency switch, it sound like your off peak Immersion / supply is faulty, also I would recommend that you check the immersions with a multi meter, you should have a reading of around 18ohms. Also check that when the hot tap is on that the pump is working and not stuck.

Hope this helps.

Gary
M K Group
MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd

http://www.mkgroupltd.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Boiler Blues Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks for your help MK Group, will definitely be checking out your recommendations.

Philip

Boiler Blues

Back to top Go down

Post  Boiler Blues Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 am

Just letting you all know, my problem turned out to be the TEMPERTURE SENSOR PHE & DHW (PART NO: GT153).

Replaced it, and now all is good.

Big thanks to everyone that help me, you have restored my faith in humanity

Cheers

Philip

Boiler Blues

Back to top Go down

Red Light Constantly Flashing On Circuit Board, No Hot Water Empty PHE & DHW

Post  sunny.sahdev Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:06 am

Good work Philip.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down