Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very hot water

2 posters

Go down

Very hot water Empty Very hot water

Post  Snarf Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:03 pm

We had a BG engineer around as the heating seemed to be on all the time and wouldn't turn off with the thermostat.

I think he spoke to Gledhill and wired in a workaround on the PCB which fixed the issue.

What we're noticing now is that the hot water is noticeably hotter than it was before (I'm not sure if that means it wasn't quite right before or not). I've taken the front cover off and the LED display just says _ON

Pressing the switches to find out the temperatures has no effect. If you turn the system off at the mains then turn it back on again the LED display is blank, then at some undefined time later (undefined because I didn't wish to sit there and wait!) it goes back to saying _ON

The pump for the heat exchanger seems to be running continuously, I hadn't noticed before the BG man had been around (I presume that means the hot water temperature is now being maintained by the heat exchanger rather than just being heated by the gas?).

So what I really don't know is if the thing wasn't working properly before but now is (obviously the central heating thing was wrong anyway), or if whatever fix was done has now messed up the system, or maybe the system is actually all fine now, but whatever fix done on the PCB has meant functionality has been lost.

Snarf

Back to top Go down

Very hot water Empty Re: Very hot water

Post  mike Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:21 pm

Looks like PCB has crashed.
Had that before.
Heating will not turn off.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarf Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Crashed would imply that it could somehow be "rebooted" then, any way to do this? The boiler definitely isn't always on just the heat exchanger.

Snarf

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:15 pm

You can try switching the unit off and on again. Leave for about 10 minutes or so.
BUT
If you are getting nothing on the display apart from On.
Have you the book?
If so when switching different things on and off the bars on the display should show the function.
It is all a bit confusing the problems you are describing.
Have you checked the fault codes?
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarf Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:08 pm

No fault codes show. As far as I can tell the LED display is either blank or says ON. We don't seem to be using significantly more gas or electricity so I'm guessing nothing bad is going on, just the board diagnostics seemed to have failed but the thing still seems to be working ok.

Snarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down