Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pump not running Pulsacoil 2000

2 posters

Go down

Pump not running Pulsacoil 2000 Empty Pump not running Pulsacoil 2000

Post  cgg Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:24 am

Hi, I've got a Pulsacoil 2000 fitted in my flat which I am having problems with. I have no hot water unless I put the boost on for an hour or so. I started by checking the lower immersion heater with a multimeter and it is OK. I then replaced the pump because it was noisy and I have also replaced both sensors. The store seems to be heating OK and the red LED on the board is flashing twice a second. The pump is buzzing but not kicking in when a tap is opened (would it be unusual to get a faulty new sensor?). I've tried wiring the pump direct and it's working OK, the heat exchanger heats up and I have hot water so my next step was going to be to replace the PSC board. Any advice on this or any other areas to check would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Chris.

cgg

Back to top Go down

Pump not running Pulsacoil 2000 Empty Re: Pump not running Pulsacoil 2000

Post  MK Group Ltd Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:34 am

Hi Chris,

From what you have written it sounds like you have more than one issue, I take it that you are not getting any hot water from the lower element, Is this connected to economy seven tariff? It could be an issue with the supply?

Are you able to get hot water after pressing the boost button? If the answer is yes then issue is with the off peak supply / immersion or stat, not the pump or sensor.

Kind regards

Gary

MK Group Limited
MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd

http://www.mkgroupltd.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  cgg Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:00 am

Hi Gary,

I haven't been in the flat long and have not had any bills so I don't know if the supply is economy seven. I'll check the meter though to see if there are two tariffs shown.

I'm not sure if it is a supply issue though as last night I checked the voltage at the pump and got a reading of 62 volts. This didn't change when I turned on a tap. I then disconnected the pump power feed, powered it up directly with a lead plugged into the mains, turned on the tap and got hot water. The boost hadn't been on for at least 24 hours so it would appear that the store is heating from the lower immersion.

Chris.

cgg

Back to top Go down

Post  MK Group Ltd Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:15 am

Hi Chris,

If that is the case you have either a faulty sensor or PCB.

Regards

Gary
MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd

http://www.mkgroupltd.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  cgg Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:25 am

Thanks Gary, I'll try another sensor first but if that doesn't work I'll get a PCB. Thanks again.

Chris.

cgg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down