BoilerMate 11 Delay Timer PCB

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BoilerMate 11 Delay Timer PCB

Post  radnor on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:49 am

I would be grateful for your technical advice.I have just replaced the Delay Timer PCB on a BoilerMate 11 because the previous one was vibrating continuously and the boiler flame "hunting"The new PCB has got everything working OK except that it clicks intermittently every few seconds. I am concerned it will go the same way as the previous one so have shut down the system for now. Where do I go from here please?Thanks,Jonathan Fox

radnor

Posts: 7
Join date: 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BoilerMate 11 Delay Timer PCB

Post  Mike the Boilerman on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi Jonathan,

Hmmmm this is a fault I've not encountered before....

Firstly, the boiler flame 'hunting' will have been nothing to do with the Delay Timer. It just controls the pump and has no influence on the boiler.

Secondly, are you sure the clicking is coming from the new Delay Timer board not the other board? BOTH boards are known to make the buzzing noise yours had. I always recommend changing both boards at once for this reason.

No reason not to turn the system back ON again though. Even when making the biuzzing noise furiously, both boards continue to function correctly as far as I understand.

Cheers, Mike



radnor wrote:I would be grateful for your technical advice.I have just replaced the Delay Timer PCB on a BoilerMate 11 because the previous one was vibrating continuously and the boiler flame "hunting"The new PCB has got everything working OK except that it clicks intermittently every few seconds. I am concerned it will go the same way as the previous one so have shut down the system for now. Where do I go from here please?Thanks,Jonathan Fox

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

Posts: 426
Join date: 2009-01-08

View user profile http://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: BoilerMate 11 Delay Timer PCB

Post  radnor on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:29 am

Mike, many thanks for your quick response and very welcome advice. By coincidence the intermttent buzzing is coming from the Pump Drive PCB and was overshaddowed by the constant buzzing I had from the Delay Timer
PCB.
Ah well, your practice of changing both seems very sound. I have ordered the new PCB and will give you feedback on whether that solves the problem.
So far the switching back on of the system seems to have stopped the boiler from "hunting". It could be the fan beginning to fail! we shall see
Thanks again
Jonathan

radnor

Posts: 7
Join date: 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BoilerMate 11 Delay Timer PCB

Post  radnor on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:18 am

Hello Mike,
Replacing both PCB's on the BoilerMate 11 has done the trick, so once again many thanks, but I still have the "hunting" or intermitent re-firing on the boiler which is a Gloworm Economy Plus 60F. It is as if the main gas solenoid is kicking in and out at roughly 1 sec intervals. I wish it would fail completely then diagnosis would be easier. Given the syptoms I am inclind to think it is the boiler BCP!!? as solenoids either work or not. But any ideas please
Best
Jonathan

radnor

Posts: 7
Join date: 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BoilerMate 11 Delay Timer PCB

Post  Connected on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Jonathan,

Could I ask you where you got the PCBs from? I may need to change mine soon - intermittent buzzing.

Many thanks

Connected

Posts: 9
Join date: 2009-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BoilerMate 11 Delay Timer PCB

Post  radnor on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:33 am

Certainly, only too happy to oblige. There is an internet company called keeptheheaton.com which does a good postal service. These PCB's are not cheap though! With the postal costs one came to about £98 and the other £78!

radnor

Posts: 7
Join date: 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BoilerMate 11 Delay Timer PCB

Post  coldbunny on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:55 am

Hi radnor thanks for the link to keeptheheaton.

Do you know that the product numbers of the pump drive and delay timer pcb's are?

I have gone for
Gledhill XB104 PCB £59.61
Gledhilll XB041 PCB £49.95

Is that right? I just wanted to double check. The buzzing is really getting to me!!

Thanks!!


radnor wrote:Certainly, only too happy to oblige. There is an internet company called keeptheheaton.com which does a good postal service. These PCB's are not cheap though! With the postal costs one came to about £98 and the other £78!

coldbunny

Posts: 2
Join date: 2009-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BoilerMate 11 Delay Timer PCB

Post  radnor on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:25 am

Hi coldbunny,
Yes they are the PCB's you need for a Boilermate 11.
If you do not have a manual for your model see link below. On page 34 it confirms the part numbers you quoted

http://www.gledhill.net/pdfmanuals/Older%20Ranges/BoilerMateII-Scanned.pdf

radnor

Posts: 7
Join date: 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BoilerMate 11 Delay Timer PCB

Post  coldbunny on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:05 am

Thanks!

radnor wrote:Hi coldbunny,
Yes they are the PCB's you need for a Boilermate 11.
If you do not have a manual for your model see link below. On page 34 it confirms the part numbers you quoted

http://www.gledhill.net/pdfmanuals/Older%20Ranges/BoilerMateII-Scanned.pdf

coldbunny

Posts: 2
Join date: 2009-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum