Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate 2 with Gloworm Flexicom hx18 boiler cut out problem

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate 2 with Gloworm Flexicom hx18 boiler cut out problem Empty Boilermate 2 with Gloworm Flexicom hx18 boiler cut out problem

Post  dizfarnhill Fri May 18, 2012 2:50 pm

First of all Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and am really hoping you guys can help, because no-one else can.

I've run a Boilermate 2 with and old Gloworm boiler for the last 18 months and it was in the house and fine for 10 years before I moved in. However I have had a new conservatory fitted which involved moving the boiler because it would have been venting into the new conservatory, obviously not a good idea.

As the boiler was 12 years old I thought the sensible thing to do would be to replace the boiler at the same time. So new boiler fitted in garage, a very neat little Gloworm Flexicom hx18.

However the system does not now work! Basically the Gloworm cuts out continuously with a f11 fault code. This fault code is decribed as "Flow and/or return NTC fault", with a further description of "Thermistor wires unconnected, faulty or trapped".

Some background, it just so happened that just before the boiler was changed a couple of things went wrong on the Boilermate, so these where replaced, namely one of the pumps and both circuit boards. So I know these are OK. The system was drained when the pump was replaced.

My plumber got Gloworm out and they say the boiler is fitted fine and working OK.

The only other things I have noticed are that the overflow from the boiler mate now drips a fair bit and it didn't all before, and the blender valve does not seem to turn at all either way. I am however not sure ifthis is new ar always been like it as I have never had to adjust it in the passed.

Last thing, I read somewhere that a froststat is not a good idea for a Boilermate system, and one is fitted, could this be causing the problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Diz

dizfarnhill

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2 with Gloworm Flexicom hx18 boiler cut out problem Empty Re: Boilermate 2 with Gloworm Flexicom hx18 boiler cut out problem

Post  mike Fri May 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Just check if the Flow from the boiler gets hot first.
Or if the return does.
The boiler pump on the BM II is on the return.
In your boiler book it will state pump fitted on boiler flow.
This could be your reason.
Also the boiler pump is controlled by the boiler too.
So could be a wiring issue.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norwich
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2 with Gloworm Flexicom hx18 boiler cut out problem Empty Re: Boilermate 2 with Gloworm Flexicom hx18 boiler cut out problem

Post  dizfarnhill Sat May 19, 2012 12:55 am

Hi mike
Many thanks for your quick reply. The boiler had gone off again this morning and I therefore checked flow and return pipes.
The return pipe was warm then once boiler fired up the flow pipe quickly became very hot. Is this correct?
I also checked the manual and it appears that the pump is fitted to the flow pipe.
Thanks again.
Diz

dizfarnhill

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Sat May 19, 2012 2:45 am

Page 12 in the BM II manual shows the boiler pump on the return.
Has the plumbing or pump been altered on the BM II ?
Yes the boiler when fired will be hot on the flow first.
But what is happening on the BM II
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  dizfarnhill Sat May 19, 2012 3:28 am

Ok pipe work and pump on bm2 appear correct with pump on the return. Boiler pump however is on flow not return, I will therefore check the heat in bm2 pipes when it next trips out.
Thanks again mike, I really appreciate your time.
Diz

dizfarnhill

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Sat May 19, 2012 4:14 am

So have you got 2 boiler pumps?

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  dizfarnhill Sat May 19, 2012 5:19 am

Yes I assume the other is for heating circulation?

dizfarnhill

Back to top Go down

Post  dizfarnhill Sat May 19, 2012 5:45 am

Sorry just re-read that, no only one boiler pump, 2 bm2 pumps.

dizfarnhill

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Sat May 19, 2012 7:48 am

Well the pump on the BM II should be on the return.
Arrow downwards.
Flow from boiler should be entering high ish up on the BM II.
I think you will find that on a fully pumped system with motorised valves flow / boiler pump is what glow worm mean.
But a call to Glow worm tech department and or Gledhill would confirm that.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norwich
NOrfolk

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum