Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate 2000 Constant On/Off issue

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate 2000 Constant On/Off issue Empty Boilermate 2000 Constant On/Off issue

Post  95012613 Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:32 am

Hi,

I have an 11 year old house with a Boilermate 2000 unit that's developed a fault. When on, it has periods where it constantly comes on/off every 2/3 seconds for 5/10 mins, then operates as normal again (you can hear it reasonably loudly on most radiators in the house). The light on the boiler downstairs comes on/off in unison, so it sounds like a thermostat/something perhaps?

It's otherwise functioning fine - no issues with hot water/radiators, but it doesn't sound at all healthy.

When you turn on the electric emersion/'emergency hot water' there are no such issues.

Is this something I could sort out myself (e.g. via replacing a board/thermostat/something internally) or do I need to fork out a wheelbarrow of money to get someone around to check it out?!

Many thanks,

Dave

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 Constant On/Off issue Empty Re: Boilermate 2000 Constant On/Off issue

Post  mike Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:17 pm

Using the emergency "switch" option is a different option.
As there are quite a few things that could be wrong.
I would suggest you look on here in the BM 2000 section / posts.
Also check out your manual too.
Familiarise yourself with your unit.
More so if you are considering carrying out works yourself.
You could end up with 2 wheel barrows full of parts !
Sometimes it works out cheaper getting the right guy in.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down