Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacol 2000 in hard water area

3 posters

Go down

Pulsacol 2000 in hard water area Empty Pulsacol 2000 in hard water area

Post  cammafab Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Hello
My Pulsacoil 2000 is only 7 years old and is already leaking, the gledhill expert who checked it said it will need to be swapped soon, I live in a hard water area and the limescale has damaged it. Is there any product I can use to stop this problem on my next Pulsacoil?
Thanks for your help
Fabio

cammafab

Back to top Go down

Pulsacol 2000 in hard water area Empty Re: Pulsacol 2000 in hard water area

Post  Mario.S Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 am

First of all, it is not the hard water, who destroyed your Pulsacoil Cylinder ( Hard water blocks up your Plate Heating Exchanger, course the Water in your Gledhill thermal store is stagnant Water !), it is be course no one has treated the water with Fernox MB1 or adequate treatment. so for your new one as previously stated, depending on since of the new Cylinder 1 to 2 container Fernox ( or adequate)will protect your Unit. ( Fernox is tested with all Gledhill Products and recommended from the Manufacturer.)
for the mean time you could try Leak sealer, this may helps to extend the life of your old Pulsacoil for a Year of two.
also check carefully if the Leak is from the Cylinder or "just" from any Immersion Heater Stat pocket, course they like to leak often, so may you only need to fit new Immersions than a whole new Boiler?
kind regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  cammafab Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi Mario, thanks for your reply.

The Gledhill Response person who came to check the boyler didn't mention any leak sealer he said that there is an internal leak and the boyler will need to be swapped soon, he gave me a quote for a new boyler.
The water doesn't leak anywhere outside the unit, there is some limescale build up around the upper immersion heater , all the rest seems ok, I have to say though that in the last year the level of the water in the water tank above the unit goes down a bit faster then usual and I know that this is not a good sign
Anyway if some leak sealer can extend the boyler life I'll give it a go, is it an easy task? How do you do it? and where do you buy it?
Also do you think it make sense to add some Fernox MB1 to this old boyler? If yes how do you add it? Do you put it on the water tank above the unit?

Thanks for your help Mario
Fabio

cammafab

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi Fabio
yes that's it, in the top Tank ( Gray or Black) , MB1 also as Leak sealer ( 2 of each!) you get in any good DIY marked ( Wickes, B&Q, Screwfix, Plumbcenter.....), This corrosion( limescale on upper immersion) was probably a small leak, but the leak sealer will take care of this.
I had something match worse about 12 month ago, I say, I can try with the leak sealer, this Pulsacoil is still in action and working well.
regards Mario

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  cammafab Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:08 am

Hi Mario

Just to be clear, my Pulsacoil has a capcity of 170 litres
I've checked Fernox website and I'm thinking of buying 1 Fernox Leak Sealer F4 Express 265 ml AND 1 Fernox Protector F1 express 265 ml and I will pour them in the ( gray ) water tank above the Pulsacoil, would that be ok? Is this the correct way to use these products?

Many thanks
Fabio

cammafab

Back to top Go down

Pulsacol 2000 in hard water area Empty Did the leak sealer work?

Post  sunny.sahdev Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:39 am

Hi Fabio,

Did this leak sealer actually work? or was it a waste of time? I have spoken to many engineers and it has never worked for anyone I know for this type of system. I would be interested in your feedback and amazed if it does work.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Pulsacol 2000 in hard water area Empty Personally I don't think it will

Post  sunny.sahdev Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:41 am

sunny.sahdev wrote:Hi Fabio,

Did this leak sealer actually work? or was it a waste of time? I have spoken to many engineers and it has never worked for anyone I know for this type of system. I would be interested in your feedback and amazed if it does work.
I really don't think this will work!

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down