Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faulty pump and flow switch?

Go down

Faulty pump and flow switch? Empty Faulty pump and flow switch?

Post  Kiril Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:35 am

I am having my Pulsacoil repaired at the moment.
Engineers have replaced pump and now booked additional visit to replace flow switch.

My question is how could they diagnose faulty pump if flow switch is faulty?

Best regards,
Kiril

Kiril

Back to top Go down

Faulty pump and flow switch? Empty Re: Faulty pump and flow switch?

Post  mike Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Perhaps the flow switch is intermittent.
Perhaps there are a lot more things which could / may need replacing.
Think of the age and the work some of those components has done.
Not being rude why did you not repair it?
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiril Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Hello Mike,

I did get it repaired but was just doubting if it was necessary. When engineer came back to replcace flow switch we discovered that it has been short circuited on the board with a piece of wire. So old pump was spinning constantly for years.
He also discovered that off-peak immersion thermostat is not working properly and breaks circuit after half a minute or so. Luckily he had second hand thermostat on him and he installed it.

End result after almost £900 worth of repairs. There is hot water in the mornings but it is not as hot as it used to be and runs out after about 10 minutes or so.

Kiril

Back to top Go down

Faulty pump and flow switch? Empty Is the immersion element, thermostat and pump right?

Post  sunny.sahdev Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:12 am

Hi Kiril,

This comment came across my eyes "There is hot water in the mornings but it is not as hot as it used to be and runs out after about 10 minutes or so".

Make sure he has installed the correct thermostat and pump. You can find the parts here "Gledhill Pulsacoil 3 Spares".
If these are wrong, the system will not get to the right temperature or won't circulate water correctly through the plate heat exchanger.

Also did he check the plate heat exchanger is not contaminated? Other contractors may say that affect only the pressure but we have come across situations where the connection above the pump (circulating side of plated heat exchanger, is start to block up).

Hope this helps, if you need to discuss it call me or our team on 0800 046 1241.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum