Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil III - no hot water other than in the mornings!

3 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil III - no hot water other than in the mornings! Empty Pulsacoil III - no hot water other than in the mornings!

Post  david123 Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi,

Just looking for some advice please.

We moved into a flat with a Pulsacoil III just under a year ago. We were given a quick tutorial by the previous owners about how to get hot water in the shower in the morning (switching the hot water on until it runs cold then leave it for a minute before trying again) and all that works fine and the hot water in the shower is fine in the morning for 2 showers.

However, recently whenever we want to use the shower in the late morning/afternoon/evening times, the hot water doesn't kick in at all. There is definitely hot water in the boiler as we use the booster. Also, there is no hot water in any tap at all (bathroom basin or kitchen).

This has definitely got worse in the past few months and is becoming a bit of nightmare when we have guests to stay.

Sometimes the hot water does kick in and it is possible to get a shower in the evening but I've recently been running the hot water for an hour on and off to no avail.

Both the green lights are on, there is hot water in the tank but it isn't kicking in. I've also filled up the cistern recently.

I've read that it can be a problem with the heat sensors - we live in London, so we get lots of limescale... is the replacement of the heat sensors something I can do myself?

Any ideas, advice or recommendations would be most appreciated - as you can probably gather, this is driving me nuts!

david123

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil III - no hot water other than in the mornings! Empty Re: Pulsacoil III - no hot water other than in the mornings!

Post  Mario.S Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 am

I think, this question was answered many times before, if you have the tools and are good in diy , yes you can do this work yourself. I would go for both sensors, but this also could be a fault on your PCB.
If you have to use the boost every day, you may have to lock in to change the off peak supply to an eco 10 tariff with your electric supplier as well. Have a tour round the Forum, also this was a few times answered.

Regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil III - no hot water other than in the mornings! Empty I agree with Mario the sensors would most likely be the problem.

Post  sunny.sahdev Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:16 am

Sorry for the late reply to this post, I am providing extra information in case someone in a similar situation comes across this post. I agree with Mario, it may be the sensors. I would also like to recommend you check is the cylinder is actually warm. We have come across jobs where the booster element has the wrong thermostat rod or the temperature settings has been reduced. This could cause the water not to get hot and if it does get warm, it may not be hot enough.

Try what Mario said, if that does not work, it would be worth calling someone out.

If you need more clarification, call us on 0800 046 1241. Also request this guide using this link "Gledhill Pulsacoil Spares" it will go over the basics in case you have been doing something wrong which led to this.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil III - no hot water other than in the mornings! Empty Re: Pulsacoil III - no hot water other than in the mornings!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down