Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt out electricals

2 posters

Go down

Burnt out electricals Empty Burnt out electricals

Post  shanos Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:15 am

Just been round to my take a look at the heater as it had stopped working, I found what looks to be a relay of sorts to the left of the main pcb it is attached to its own board and has several wires in and out (yellow, red and blue wires in at top, brown from the bottom) unfortunately I can't post the image as new to the board, but if any one would be kind enough to put it up I can email it to them.
The bottom terminals are all burnt out along with the first couple of cm's of the wire, can anyone advise the part number for this board? also what is likely to have caused it to burn out? is it likely that the solenoid failed and caused it?
There is also some scaling around the two immersion heaters but this appears to be more historic, I think I would be best to leave them in situ as I have heard that removal can be a swine.

Any help or advice welcomed, if your near to braintree and offer a reasonable charge for service/fitting please pm me

shanos

Back to top Go down

Burnt out electricals Empty Re: Burnt out electricals

Post  shanos Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:37 am

just been searching a little further and it looks like the parts are XB147 and XB146 I did read that there is a bypass kit for this but cannot find any further information on it.

Any one have any more information before I go ahead and order the relay and the base?

thanks shane

shanos

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:10 am

Hi Shane
sorry there is no bypass kit for this , the bypass kit is for the overheat limiter cut off ( first generation before the update)and has nothing to do with the relay.
Go ahead and order the relays, check also the immersion heater of resistance and leaks from the stat pockets / damp or water in the cap !!( this is the most common fault on relay burn out on PC2000) Also replace any burnet or dodgy cable as well.
regards Mario

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  shanos Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:21 am

I replaced the burned out relay and holder, and the fault light appears to have gone out (but this was only very dimly lit before so could be broken) the red led on the control board flashes twice then gap then twice then gap etc.
The cross shaped button next to the manual reset thermostat is not sprung loaded is this normal? I guess its a case of wait and see if there is any hot water.

Unless I hear back that the red light flashing twice is not normal!

fingers crossed

Shane

shanos

Back to top Go down

Post  shanos Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:42 pm

good news!

by the time I had finished fitting the replacement hob in the kitchen (had a lot of old silicon to remove so took a few hours), the water was running piping hot!

thanks for all your advice cheers shane

shanos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down