Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loud Clicking/Clunking from T2 Contactor

2 posters

Go down

Loud Clicking/Clunking from T2 Contactor Empty Loud Clicking/Clunking from T2 Contactor

Post  OJ48 Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:38 am

Morning all.

My girlfriend and I were woken up at about 5am this morning by a loud clicking/clunking noise emanating from the Electramate in the airing cupboard. On further investigation it's coming from the contactor labelled T2. The green LED is flashing on and off along with the clicking.

The switching seemed to be increasing in frequency and returns after a few minutes if the unit is switched off and left for a while, then turned back on. The other contactors alongside appear to be unaffected.

Is this likely to be the contactor itself or whatever is switching it? Also if you have a suggestion for what is at fault will it likely be DIYable? I'm an engineer and am not frightened of swapping a few parts, although I don't much fancy total dis-assembly.

The unit has otherwise been performing OK, I have had the odd cold shower recently but, having lived in a couple of properties with these systems in, I've accepted that as par for the course.

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

OJ48

Back to top Go down

Loud Clicking/Clunking from T2 Contactor Empty Re: Loud Clicking/Clunking from T2 Contactor

Post  mike Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:52 am

If it is the off peak contactor then when applied with power should lock on.
What about swopping them over?
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Loud Clicking/Clunking from T2 Contactor Empty Re: Loud Clicking/Clunking from T2 Contactor

Post  OJ48 Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:21 am

I did think of that but I wasn't 100% sure if they were interchangeable in the wee hours. Will give it a go when I'm back home and see what happens

Cheers!

OJ48

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:13 am

Isolate before working on the unit.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down