Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pump constantly running

2 posters

Go down

Pump constantly running Empty Pump constantly running

Post  peterharvey Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:27 am

It sounds to me as if a pump is constantly running inside my BoilerMate 2000 even when the heating is not running and there is no demand for hot water.

It is also slow to deliver hot water though otherwise seems to work fine.

Is this likely to be a fault in the system?

I had a local central heating engineer around (when I wasn't here myself) and he has not addressed these issues.

Peter

peterharvey

Back to top Go down

Pump constantly running Empty Re: Pump constantly running

Post  Mike the Boilerman Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:26 am

Hi Peter,

First problem: There are three pumps in your Boilermate 2000. One of them circulates water from the gas boiler downstairs to the Boilermate store. This one will run sometimes when there is no demand for heating and hot water, but it should turn OFF when the store is fully hot. It may stay running 24/7 if the control on the gas boiler is not set to MAX.

There is also fault that occurs on the Potterton Suprima that can also cause the boiler pumpt to run 24/7. Do you have a Suprima?

Second problem: What do you mean by "slow to deliver hot water"? The water comes slowly out of the taps? Or a long delay before plenty of hot water arrives? Scale in the heat exchanger is the usual answer to the first. A failing heat sensor the cause of the second.

Cheers, Mike

peterharvey wrote:It sounds to me as if a pump is constantly running inside my BoilerMate 2000 even when the heating is not running and there is no demand for hot water.

It is also slow to deliver hot water though otherwise seems to work fine.

Is this likely to be a fault in the system?

I had a local central heating engineer around (when I wasn't here myself) and he has not addressed these issues.

Peter

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down