Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BM A-class SP Not getting to temp!

Go down

BM A-class SP Not getting to temp!  Empty BM A-class SP Not getting to temp!

Post  onis_uk Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:34 am

Hi, My BM won't get up to temp!

Sensors S.5 and S.6 sit at about 67~68, requiring 68 and 75 respectively to be satisfied.

Thus the BM constantly calls the boiler for heat.
My boiler fires and the loop temp goes to about 82 then it goes off and cycles like this.
Both the pump in the boiler and the one in the BM are both running, it's as if the heat isn't being transferred into the water store fully...

It's about 10 years old now and the BM water store has never been drained or cleaned. Can I just drain the store water via the drain and fill it via the cistern tank with a cleaner?

Cheers onis

onis_uk

Back to top Go down

BM A-class SP Not getting to temp!  Empty Re: BM A-class SP Not getting to temp!

Post  onis_uk Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:04 am

Right I've drained off some water from the water store and it looked good enough to drink. So can't be that.
It's almost like my boiler isnt staying on for long enough even though the symbol on the boiler is being called for heat.

It cycles a few times then just sit there with the pump running. Eventually the loop settles down to about 68c, and thus the BM never gets up to temp.

Any ideas?

onis_uk

Back to top Go down