Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil runs out of hot after 5 mins

2 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil runs out of hot after 5 mins Empty Pulsacoil runs out of hot after 5 mins

Post  richtheplumber Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:01 am

I have been called out to repair a faulty Pulsacoil 2000, The problem is that the unit supplies hot water for about 5mins and then slowly starts to cool down until it runs cold. I have checked the F&E tank, pump, replaced both the T1 & T2 sensors, replaced both thermostats and checked the resistance between terminals (18ohms). After replacing the sensors the PCB still indicated that there was a fault on the T1 sensor, this was then swapped for a replacement and the fault indicator light went out but still getting tepid water. Could there be a problem with the PCB? Please help!!

richtheplumber

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil runs out of hot after 5 mins Empty Re: Pulsacoil runs out of hot after 5 mins

Post  THERMAL SOLUTIONS Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:37 am

check the pump voltage with the tap running handbasin i would expect around 110v and full bath 240v
i would if possible run a seperate 240 v supply by means of an extension lead to the pump and then see if you get hot water, dont forget to isolate the original pump wiring before switching the unit back on.
hope this helps
mark.

THERMAL SOLUTIONS

http://www.gledhill-repair.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil runs out of hot after 5 mins Empty Re: Gledhill running out of hot water

Post  richtheplumber Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply.
I replaced the PCB and and now the unit is running fine.

richtheplumber

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil runs out of hot after 5 mins Empty Re: Pulsacoil runs out of hot after 5 mins

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down