Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me 3 weeks and still the pulsacoil 2000 won't work!!!!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Help me 3 weeks and still the pulsacoil 2000 won't work!!!!!!!! Empty Help me 3 weeks and still the pulsacoil 2000 won't work!!!!!!!!

Post  Superjane Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:03 am

Hi All

The pump on my Pulsacoil 2000 had gone and it has since been replaced. All is well with it and the pump is working, there are no fault lights, the tanks full of hot water, new fuses, water pressure fine etc.

The problem now is that the hot water is still not going into the taps!! The pipe that feeds the hot water to the taps is only putting out cold water, despite the pipe that goes into ....There is a cable that goes from there to the circuit board but surely it should show on the fault light if there is a problem still?

I don't understand how now its been fixed, all fuses changed, new pump in and still not pushing the hot water out???? Surely it should show on the fault light if there is a problem still? (It is doing the 2 on - 2 off - 2 on etc. flash which according to the manual says all is well!)

I'd really really appreciate any advice you can give before I have to call another person out. Running out of money at this rate! ;-)

Thank you

Superjane

Back to top Go down

Help me 3 weeks and still the pulsacoil 2000 won't work!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Help me 3 weeks and still the pulsacoil 2000 won't work!!!!!!!!

Post  ianpic Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:14 am

You say the store is HOT?

ianpic

Back to top Go down

Help me 3 weeks and still the pulsacoil 2000 won't work!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Help me 3 weeks and still the pulsacoil 2000 won't work!!!!!!!!

Post  Superjane Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 am

Yes. The water is hot in the tank (the brass one above the water pump) the pipe going into this part is hot but not coming out through the pipe that has a stick on saying hotwater to tap! That seems to be where the problem now lies.

The cable that is attached to it goes straight up to the circuit board on the front.

Are you able to advise??

Jane

Superjane

Back to top Go down

Post  ianpic Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:06 am

There should be 4 pipes going to the heat exchanger (The brass one!) 1 in and 1 out for the hot store water (in hot and out warm) and 1 in (mains cold) and 1 out (hot water to tap)

The hot water from the store circulates through this heat exchanger to heat your tap water.

Possibly a blocked heat exchanger, particularly if you suffer from limescale in your area?

ianpic

Back to top Go down

Post  Superjane Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:18 am

And how would one go about fixing that or even finding out if thats the problem?

There is cold water going through the pipe that hot water is supposed to come out of though? Surely if it was blocked with limescale not even that would get through to the taps?

I have my father checking it for me this evening, he is an electrician (just not familiar with this type of boiler) so I will let him know what you said.

J

Superjane

Back to top Go down

Post  ianpic Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:46 am

Hot water from the store (pumped) should flow through the heat exchanger in a circuit (closed circuit) If this is scaled up, the water may not be passing through the matrix. The tap water side will still flow as normal, it just won't get heated as there is no 'store water' on the other side of the heat exchanger to heat the cold water feed.

I hope this helps?? and I hope it makes sense????????

Good luck..... Ian

ianpic

Back to top Go down

Post  Superjane Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14 am

Absolutely no sense to me but to the man in charge 'DAD' it should be perfectly clear!
Thanks

J

Superjane

Back to top Go down

Post  Superjane Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:16 am

Sorry but lastly....how would you fix this problem?

Jane

Superjane

Back to top Go down

Post  ianpic Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:38 am

Remove and de-scale with normal domestic de-scaler or fit a new one (£100 -ish)

You would have to drain down the water store though........

ianpic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down