Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

£300 wasted?

2 posters

Go down

£300 wasted? Empty £300 wasted?

Post  matg Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Story goes, strange drumming noise from boiler or Boilermate. I got The MK Group to come out who advertise on here and the guy said the Boilermate is OK and noise is the fan is the boiler.

I then got a local boiler guy to come out and he replaced the fan, that's £270 please but the boiler is still noisy as your heat exchanger is scaled up.

So I'm over £300 down and still have a small helicopter landing when the boiler fires up.

I've been told not to Fernox the BM, but the boiler guy said he could try adding Fernox to just the boiler by draining system, cutting the pipes to the boiler and adding the Fernox, leave then drain or he could just replace the heat exchanger.

Advice appreciated.

Last edited by matg on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

matg

Back to top Go down

£300 wasted? Empty Re: £300 wasted?

Post  MK Group Ltd Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Mr Griffin,

We advised that the noise was being generated from the boiler, not the BoilerMate. We also advised you that we thought it could possibly be the fan and advised you to call Heateam as they would be able to diagnose the fault with your Potterton boiler and fix it with parts usually available on their vans.

As stipulated at the time your call is classed as an out of area callout and that is why we charged you £65.00 to attend. This was a 78 mile round trip .

We do not carry out work to boilers only Gledhill's!

Your local engineer should have carried out his own test prior to installing a fan!

As for Fernox, we advised not to put Fernox in as you already have a number of leaks apparent on the system and Fernox could make these worse.

I would reiterate that you should call Heateam as they are Potterton's nominated repairer. I however cannot guarantee that they will fix your problem on the first visit.

Kind regards

Gary

MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd

http://www.mkgroupltd.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  matg Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Hi Gary,

I'm not having a dig, just the facts. It was good to have reassurance the Boilermate is OK. I was bit hacked off earlier with the total cost so far which is mainly the fan so have edited the original post. Your tests proved it was not the BM, apologies if it sounded like I was having a moan.

I'm just £300 down with the same noise, being told its scale and its going to even more £'s.

matg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum