Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central heating coming on even though it's timed to be off

2 posters

Go down

Central heating coming on even though it's timed to be off Empty Central heating coming on even though it's timed to be off

Post  gillyren Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:18 am

Hope someone can help. We've just moved into a house with a boilermate II system. It seems that the central heating keeps coming on all the time even thought the digital timer is set to certain times. It seems that as soon as the thermostat temperature control activates it doesn't matter if the central heating is timed to be on or not it just kicks in.

Also, on the thermal store it has a summer and winter setting. On the winter side it has a black peg in one of the lower holes - what is this black peg for ? Is that the optimum place for the winter setting to be on (I know some people say it should be at max but we've found our hot water to be fine on the lower winter setting).

Hope someone can answer my queries.

Thanks

gillyren

Back to top Go down

Central heating coming on even though it's timed to be off Empty Re: Central heating coming on even though it's timed to be off

Post  Trumble Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:31 am

Anyone got any thoughts on this as I seem to be having a similar problem? In my case there is no demand for heat from the room thermostat (a Honeywell CM907 which helpfully shows a little flame when there is) and there is no voltage at terminal 10 (which supplies the heating pump). The rads are piping hot and stay will stay that way until I turn the store thermostat down when everything shuts down as expected and they start to cool. This has happened on more than one occasion now.

My only thought is that the boiler pump is somehow forcing water round the heating system causing the store temp to drop which means that as fast as it being reheating the water is being cycled round the rads. Is this possible? If so, what's the likely cause?

Having already replaced the mixer valve, timer delay pcb and store thermostat (not to mention the boiler PCB) this is just about the final straw. My gas bill has been astro-'kin-nomical in the two months I've lived here and I'm seriously thinking about chucking the whole thing.

gillyren wrote:Also, on the thermal store it has a summer and winter setting. On the winter side it has a black peg in one of the lower holes - what is this black peg for ? Is that the optimum place for the winter setting to be on (I know some people say it should be at max but we've found our hot water to be fine on the lower winter setting).
Yes , that is the optimum setting, supposedly maintains the store at just below the temp the boiler heats the water too.

Trumble

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum