Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central heating problem

Go down

Central heating problem Empty Central heating problem

Post  levi_john Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:57 am

I have a boiler mate 2000 system that is 6 years old. It has been working fine until recently but now the radiators are not getting hot enough by a long way and all three pumps appear to be working fine and the room thermostat working and calling for heating as necessary. I have noticed from comments on this forum that sometimes the central heating will not operate if the storage temperature in the boilermate is not high enough, with a recommendation that the boiler stat on the boiler is set to maximum. In my case The boiler stat in the boiler is set to about 90% of the maximum figure and if it is set higher the domestic hot water becomes far to hot ie this possibly is another problem.
I stated above that the pumps appear to be working fine but it may be that the central heating pump is clogged up with silt and I will need to check this, but from what I have just said does anyone have any ideas what the possible problem may be. Any help would be appreciated

levi_john

Back to top Go down

Central heating problem Empty Problem resolved.

Post  levi_john Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:42 am

No need for anyone to respond as it is now sorted out. Whilst the pump was coming on and off, it was badly clogged up and effectively not really pumping any water. Now replaced and the central heating working very well

levi_john

Back to top Go down