Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is my unit broken? Turned off for a week, now not working

3 posters

Go down

Is my unit broken? Turned off for a week, now not working Empty Is my unit broken? Turned off for a week, now not working

Post  Sach160 Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:21 am

Hi, my pulsacoil 3 has always been a bit of a mystery to me so would appreciate any advice here on whether I've got a problem or whether I'm doing something wrong.

I went on holiday a week ago and turned off all the switches on the unit except the timer. On returning I turned them all on (4 switches in total) but the next day the water was cold. So I switched it to the 24 hours option on the timer and the next day the water was still cold. I can hear that the unit is on when I turn the switches on but none of the pipes are warm.

Am I doing anything wrong or do I need someone to look at the boiler? Any recommendations for someone local to Wandsworth town if I need it looked at?

Thanks for the help,

Sachin

Sach160

Back to top Go down

Is my unit broken? Turned off for a week, now not working Empty Re: Is my unit broken? Turned off for a week, now not working

Post  Mario.S Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 am

Sach160 wrote:Hi, my pulsacoil 3 has always been a bit of a mystery to me so would appreciate any advice here on whether I've got a problem or whether I'm doing something wrong.

I went on holiday a week ago and turned off all the switches on the unit except the timer. On returning I turned them all on (4 switches in total) but the next day the water was cold. So I switched it to the 24 hours option on the timer and the next day the water was still cold. I can hear that the unit is on when I turn the switches on but none of the pipes are warm.

Am I doing anything wrong or do I need someone to look at the boiler? Any recommendations for someone local to Wandsworth town if I need it looked at?

Thanks for the help,

Sachin

Hi Sachin
there is defiantly something wrong on your Pulsacoil. few possibility's
-thermostat pop out ( if yours is upgraded already) or
- overheat pop out ( the red Nob near the two green neon's to press in !)
- relay faulty
Wandsworth is for me actually a bit to fare in to London town, I do few Jobs at SE , SW London sometimes but I normally cover only 50 miles around Portsmouth
regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Is my unit broken? Turned off for a week, now not working Empty Re: Is my unit broken? Turned off for a week, now not working

Post  Sach160 Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:34 am

Hi mario,

Thank you for the reply. My apologies I should have tried the obvious first - read the manual! I've read it and have a better idea of how this works. I should add that both green lights are off, and the red button I don't think has popped out - its like a Red Cross in a circular gap and if I push it nothing happens, so I assume the Red Cross pops out of the gap if it's triggered.

The manual says to check the top up cistern level and make sure it's up to the swage mark. I don't know if it is set up to auto top up from the main water supply and I don't know what 'swage mark' means, but when I stick my hand in there it seems to be filled to about two thirds.

Is my water top up level ok? If it is, can I assume that I need to call someone in, ie that it's not a user fixable problem?

Thank you for the advice. You're right Portsmouth is a bit too far away for a repair like this, but I really appreciate you posting - thank you.

Sach160

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:27 pm

almost all Pulsacoil are installed as manual fill, ( you have to top the water up yourself) regards to building regulation ( no overflow pipe to the outside of the Building).
Top the top tank up to the rim in the middle.
regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sach160 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:40 am

Thanks, I've topped up the tank to nearly full, certainly past the line running around the cistern about two thirds of the way up. No difference.

When I switch on the unit the first green led flashes a few times and then goes off. The second green light is still off. I took off the pcb cover and the red light on the pcb is blinking twice about once a second which I hear is normal.

Looks like I'll have to call someone in, as I can't see a way of diagnosing the fault myself. Fingers crossed its nothing major.

Sach160

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:20 am

all of the sudden, I am working on Saturday at SE1 4 , so I would be about 30 min away from you.
If you are interested let me know on 07513505555
Mario from Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sach160 Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:22 am

Thanks mario, let me get back to you on that. For some reason the water seems to be getting hot so maybe topping up worked. But I was under the impression that if the two green lights are off, something is wrong, and the two green lights are still off... Very strange. I'll see how it goes for a day or two and let you know. Cheers.

Sach160

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:29 am

sometimes it's just so simple as a faulty neon bulb, course the green neon's go sometimes , but as long your PCB is , as you saying , flushing, seems to be ok, only means one of the green neon's are gone. Have a look also on my website at Mario's Boiler Service
Mario

Mario.S

Back to top Go down

Is my unit broken? Turned off for a week, now not working Empty Try the free self check Pulsacoil mini guide

Post  sunny.sahdev Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:57 am

This guide has helped over 1000's of people now and can do the same for you. It covers basic faults found with Pulsacoil systems and more. Just click on Pulsacoil 3 link and request it. If you struggle to understand it, call us on 0800 046 1241

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down