Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No hot water/heating but thermostat says it is on

3 posters

Go down

No hot water/heating but thermostat says it is on Empty No hot water/heating but thermostat says it is on

Post  emstoth Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:55 am

I have recently moved in to a new flat which has an Electromate 2000 and as of yesterday, I have had no heating or hot water at all. The thermostat says it is on, and the boiler sounds like it is making a noise, however no matter how high I put the temperature on the thermostat, no heat comes through the radiators at all or in any taps.

Can anyone advise on this?

Thanks

emstoth

Back to top Go down

No hot water/heating but thermostat says it is on Empty Re: No hot water/heating but thermostat says it is on

Post  mike Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:15 pm

Have you the user manual?
And the Installation manual?
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

No hot water/heating but thermostat says it is on Empty Re: No hot water/heating but thermostat says it is on

Post  emstoth Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:20 pm

I have read them both yes. I've had no water or heating for over 24 hours now and an engineer is coming tomorrow to look at it - shame they couldn't come today as it has been quite cold and a struggle to do things without hot water.

The pressure is below 1 on the tank so not sure if it is something to do with this. The heating sounds like it has kicked in and claims it is trying to heat up to 23degrees for example, however all radiators are stone cold and all taps are freezing water

emstoth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Your room thermostat is only activating a pump not the "immersion " (switch) elements, so if you press the thermostat up or down makes no different. There could be the safety on the switch popped out or the relays are faulty, there is a number of components in an EM2000 so difficult to say from your description. I hope you called a competent person.
good luck , regards Mario

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down