Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow start to Central Heating

2 posters

Go down

Slow start to Central Heating Empty Slow start to Central Heating

Post  Andrew Kindred Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my Boilermate 2000 in that if the timer has been off for a while, when it comes back on the system takes hours before hot water is pumped through to the radiators. The boiler seems to be working fine and we do get hot water, although not at it's usual red hot temperature.

Rather than me write a large amount of unnecessary test here, are there any specific question or details that would be helpful? I can tell what lights on the circuitboard come on for example. (although I can't find the manual at the moment to give the technical names...) All three of the green bar lights at the top are on, but the central heating doesn't get pumped to until the top light goes out, which takes hours.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, cheers...

Andrew Kindred

Back to top Go down

Slow start to Central Heating Empty Re: Slow start to Central Heating

Post  Mike the Boilerman Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi Andrew,

This is one of those times I have no idea....

AFAIK there ARE no 'green bar lights at the top' on a BM2000. Not on the user controls or on the circuit board. There ARE green LEDs at the BOTTOM of the circuit board though, telling you which pumps should be running. Third light up is the heating pump IIRC.

Basically, if the CH pump has power on its terminals but isn't spinning you need a new pump. If there is NO power on then pump lead when CH is selected and all the controls are set to ON then you need a new control board. If yours has SWITCH back-up then the board that probably needs replacing is the SWITCH board not the main board. But no guarantees on that!

Cheers, Mike

Andrew Kindred wrote:Hello,

I'm having a problem with my Boilermate 2000 in that if the timer has been off for a while, when it comes back on the system takes hours before hot water is pumped through to the radiators. The boiler seems to be working fine and we do get hot water, although not at it's usual red hot temperature.

Rather than me write a large amount of unnecessary test here, are there any specific question or details that would be helpful? I can tell what lights on the circuitboard come on for example. (although I can't find the manual at the moment to give the technical names...) All three of the green bar lights at the top are on, but the central heating doesn't get pumped to until the top light goes out, which takes hours.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, cheers...

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down