Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mario another upate to the last post

2 posters

Go down

Mario another upate to the last post Empty Mario another upate to the last post

Post  Devlin Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:41 am

I have an weird iisue with this A class boost works fine but only if the off peak fused spur is on even anthough there is no supply present, it appears that some how it is suppling voltage to the spur at 70 V AC I suspect the board is  at fault I can access the fault codes but I have no way of interpreting them any one got a codes sheet, also  incoming voltage is only @ 218VAC but this is a DNO issue and I will be having them out soon
Dev

Last edited by Devlin on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:54 pm; edited 4 times in total

Devlin

Back to top Go down

Mario another upate to the last post Empty Re: Mario another upate to the last post

Post  Mario.S Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:53 pm

Devlin wrote:I have an weird iisue with this A class boost works fine but only if the off peak fused spur is on even anthough there is no supply present, it appears that some how it is suppling voltage to the spur at 70 V AC I suspect the board is  at fault I can access the fault codes but I have no way of interpreting them any one got a codes sheet, also  incoming voltage is only @ 218VAC but this is a DNO issue and I will be having them out soon
Dev

Hi Dev
Yes this is a weird one, difficult to investigate without being on the unit. Could be your Pulsacoil is one of the first one series, not fitted from the factory with the back currant filter ( as later models), could be the pcb or even a relay. Watt is the error code? I have the full code tablet of course ( dealing with Gledhill products professionally).
regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Mario another upate to the last post Empty Re: Mario another upate to the last post

Post  Devlin Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:03 am

I do not have a constant error code but would like to cycle through the events and understand what they mean, the basic issue I have is that the off peak will not heat water, I have swaped over the relays and the tank senors relating to the on and off peak as the on peak works ok, I did notice that the on peak relay was very hot with some scoring visible to the connections and the mounting plate and the faston spades very hot indeed to the point of impossible to hold onto whether this is a resistance issue or normal operation I dont know any advice would be great
Devlin

Devlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:41 am

Hi
Do not risk your PCB getting fryed up from melting relays, get a set of new relay ( Gledhill MIP098) as they get very hot and you have indication of dis- colouration on your relays and take it from there . Test the activation contacts on the of peak relay and if active , the power out to the immersion, after this, test the immersion himself for resistance and currant. You probably will find error 23 and or 56 on your diagnostic, indicating an relay / immersion fault (page 22 in the manual can help with diagnostic)
hope this helps Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

Back to top Go down

Post  Devlin Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:14 am

Thanks Mario I will let you know how things progress
D

Devlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Devlin Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:19 am

I now have had a chance to get back to this job, it is suppling 112 Volts to the off peak from the J2B connections on the PCB surely this cant be right as it is putting voltage right down to the consuner unit though the MCB and back to the grid wierd or what is this an indication the PCB is done
Dev

Devlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 am

This problem is well known by the manufacturer, your Pulsacoil a class is probably from the first spec, the later one has a Relpol filter relay fitted from the factory. But good news, download the latest manual from the net (you need the wiring diagram) and simply fit the Relpol rely according to the diagram. The Relay is a Gledhill XB424 + the relay base XB425.
Kind regards Mario at Mario’s Boiler Service

Mario.S

Back to top Go down

Post  Devlin Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:29 am

Cheers for that Mario, I will try that
Dev

Devlin

Back to top Go down

Mario another upate to the last post Empty delted entry

Post  Devlin Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:07 am

Deleted

Last edited by Devlin on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:07 am; edited 2 times in total

Devlin

Back to top Go down

Mario another upate to the last post Empty Mario an update to the supply issue

Post  Devlin Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:54 am

I think I have it, do I need to insert XB 242 relay filter into the supply to A1 on the offpeak relay to take out the back fed voltage ???
Devlin

Devlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Devlin wrote:I think I have it, do  I need to insert XB 242 relay filter into the supply to A1 on the offpeak relay to take out the back fed voltage ???
Devlin

yes A1 live and A2 Neutral from the off peak

Mario

Mario.S

Back to top Go down

Post  Devlin Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Thanks I will post the outcome
Dev

Devlin

Back to top Go down

Mario another upate to the last post Empty another updated question

Post  Devlin Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:58 am

Do I I follow the wiring connections as per the models that have this factory fitted relay  connections to 11 &14 or am I just breaking the off peak signal to J28 via 11&14
Devlin

Devlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down