Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No heating or water

2 posters

Go down

No heating or water Empty No heating or water

Post  Frustrated_dan Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi

I have searched for an answer to my problem but not found anything.

I have a systemate 2000 and a gloworm micron 40ff

2 days ago I noticed the reset light lit on my boiler and no hot water or heating. I turned the boiler off then on again and the light went out. The boiler fired and stayed on for a couple of minutes then shut down. No light lit up. When I make a demand for water or heating the reset light comes on again.

I know from speaking to the guy we bought the house off that he replaced the ACB a couple of years ago.

I can hear the right hand pump going pretty much constantly. The other 2 don't appear to be doing much. The middle one is really really hot!

I cracked the pump vent plug (not really sure if I should have) and some air came out.

I also noticed from the manual and the old ACB that there should be 2 jumpers on the ACB (pins 1 and 4). The replacement only had it on pin 4 but up till now it was working nearly perfectly. I also used a jumper on pin 5 prior to powering up as per the manual and everything seemed fine.

I don't have any error codes but when I use the 2 switches on ACB it reads water temp at 31 and the on /off figures were something like 74 on and 77 off.

One last thing. The pressure was really really high. Like 3.5 bar. I have since reduced pressure to about 1.2 (via radiator bleed point) and switched off the tap below the expansion tank which had been left on.

Not sure if it's related or not but I have 1 rad that never warms up and also when it was working I would get a slight fluctuation in temp when in the shower. Oh and system works fine on the electric back up.

Sorry for the length of this post but trying to give as much info as poss.

Thanks

Dan

Frustrated_dan

Back to top Go down

No heating or water Empty Re: No heating or water

Post  mike Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 am

ACB may be an old version.
Pressure was to high.
Must get all the air out.
Pump / hot. Was it working?
Remove vent crew and place tip of finger nail to see.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Frustrated_dan Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi mike. Thanks for getting back to me. When I took the cap off the boiler pump (middle one) the water that came out was black. It wasn't working and it appears seized. I compared it to the heating pump which a) works and b) was very free to move with a screw driver. I'm guessing this is the issue...?

Frustrated_dan

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Well as long as the pump was being told to work.
Check there is a supply.
If seized yes does seem to be the problem.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down