Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No power at C/H pump on BM2000

2 posters

Go down

No power at C/H pump on BM2000 Empty No power at C/H pump on BM2000

Post  geordiegaz Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:33 am

Hi Guys,

I'm having a right old mare with a Boilermate I was called to the other day so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction or confirm my suspicions.

The Central heating pump had shorted out blowing a chunk out of the main ACB, I ordered a new Grundfoss pump and ACB (doesn't look good when any circuit board gets delivered in a brown envelope) from a well know national parts supplier and returned to the job yesterday. The pump valves were shot so had to drain down. Once I had replaced the Pump and ACB and re-filled the system (6 solid hours in total) I set it away to reach temp, Once we were up to 72 degrees I went to fire up the central heating pump, top bar on the display came on as did L.E.D number 3 on the ACB but the pump was dead as a doe doe, Checked wiring on ACB at connections but there's no voltage getting through at all... I ran hot water tap and whoosh... DHW pump sprang into life delivering lots of hot water at the outlet. I've been back to check the CH again, Top bar on display showing demand, L.E.D number 3 lit, still no power at pump... put Jumper in slot 5 to run checks, all good except for CH pump, L.E.D illuminates but nothing else happens, not even a groan....... Would I be right in suspecting I've bought a dodgy ACB or that it has been damaged in transit?

geordiegaz

Back to top Go down

No power at C/H pump on BM2000 Empty Re: No power at C/H pump on BM2000

Post  mike Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Does look like the ACB is faulty.
It needs to be boxed.
Bubble wrapped too.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  geordiegaz Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:11 am

mike wrote:Does look like the ACB is faulty.
It needs to be boxed.
Bubble wrapped too.
Mike

Thanks Mike, I thought it odd, every other PCB I've bought for various appliances has always came boxed wrapped in anti static tape or foil and bubble wrapped... I'll get onto the suppliers first thing Monday morning with my complaint and request of replacement part :-)

geordiegaz

Back to top Go down

Post  geordiegaz Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:13 am

New ACB came today, all boxed as it should be... been back to replace the part and couldn't help but shout... "IT'S ALIVE" when I heard the C/H pump spring into life... Cheers for the confirmation Mike, much appreciated :-)

geordiegaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down