Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nest Thermostat with Boilermate 2000

+4
Ion
nimbus
cc8vt
ChilliMonster
8 posters

Go down

Nest Thermostat with Boilermate 2000 Empty Nest Thermostat with Boilermate 2000

Post  cc8vt Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:29 am

Hi Guys

Hope someone can help me with this...

I have connected a Nest up to my Boilermate 2000 which powers on fine using existing thermostat terminals for power, can I simply terminate the call for heat from the Nest to existing Channel Switched Live (from clock) - Terminal 23 to replace/override the existing clock?

Chris

cc8vt

Back to top Go down

Nest Thermostat with Boilermate 2000 Empty Boiler mate + Nest

Post  ChilliMonster Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:18 am

Hi Chris,

How did you get on with setting up your Nest?

I have just ordered one myself, and am fully expecting the usual look of bewilderment when the installation engineer tries to work out what my Gledhill boilermate does and how it fits in with my Gloworm boiler.

I'm not very clued up on electrical stuff, so if you did manage to get your Nest thermostat up and running with the boilermate it would be great if you could share the steps you followed here.

Cheers,
Louis

ChilliMonster

Back to top Go down

Nest Thermostat with Boilermate 2000 Empty Re: Nest Thermostat with Boilermate 2000

Post  nimbus Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:05 am

I've just received my Nest and am in a similar position regarding the installation service.

Reading through the installation instructions it seems you would connect the Nest Call for Heat (Terminal 3) directly to the Thermostat SL (connection 11), this routes up to Terminal 27 on the ACB. This would be the same as the previous room stat connection. From there you would set the Clock to be permanently on for heating and give control to the Nest.

Let me know if I've got this wrong!

nimbus

Back to top Go down

Nest Thermostat with Boilermate 2000 Empty Re: Nest Thermostat with Boilermate 2000

Post  cc8vt Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi Both

Nimbus - yes that's what I've currently done but not working properly, Nest Call for Heat (Terminal 3) directly to the Thermostat SL (connection 11) same as previous room stat connection and using power live and neutral terminals from 9 and 10.  The problem here is clock needs to be on permanently to power Nest and the Nest never sends a call to switch off the heating when it reaches temp.  

Have you guys managed to get it working properly?

Chris

cc8vt

Back to top Go down

Post  nimbus Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:24 am

Mine is up and running without any problems. Here's how the HeatLink is wired:

HeatLink N -> BoilerMate N (terminal 9)
HeatLink L -> BoilerMate L (terminal 10)

HeatLink 1 -> Not Connected
HeatLink 2 -> HeatLink L (small jumper cable)
HeatLink 3 -> BoilerMate SL (terminal 11)

HeatLink T1 -> Original Thermostat N wiring
HeatLink T2 -> Original Thermostat L wiring

Hope this helps others....

nimbus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ion Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:55 am

Hi,
Installed following that wiring detail, and it's working well.  Quite easy to install for my gledhill systemate 2000.

Thanks
Steve.

Ion

Back to top Go down

Post  Seany108 Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:16 am

Hi guys I’m about to install two nests as I have a upstairs and downstairs zones , how would I connect the valves up ?

Seany108

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:55 am

Hi
Nimbus thanks for the wiring details works great. I would point out that I just replaced a Honeywell t6360b stat which runs on 240v. The supply for this came off 2,7 and 9 on the BM 2000 terminal block. 2 was a shared neutral with the BM power supply. As the Nest needs a 12v supply, I had to replace this, not a big job. Just watch out as 240v will fry your nest!
Jon
Jon

Back to top Go down

Nest Thermostat with Boilermate 2000 Empty You can my Nest wiring to Boilermate here

Post  pingcrosby Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:24 am

I just posted my HEAT / Nest wiring in UltimateHandyman

Search for "Nest V3 Boilermate 2000" am not allowed to post the direct link here

Hope it helps

pingcrosby

Back to top Go down

Nest Thermostat with Boilermate 2000 Empty Need help with Nest 3rd generation Heatlink setup / install

Post  djtomski Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:55 am

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have any detailed how to on installing Nest 3rd gen stat and heatlink on the boilermate 2000???

I have seen posts on some but nothing detailed, pictures would help too.

The thermostat looks the easy part to install just a swap with original thermostat, but it's the heatlink i need mega help with.

Would appreciate if anyone can help me.

Tom

djtomski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down