Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boiler Firing up Constantly

2 posters

Go down

Boiler Firing up Constantly Empty Boiler Firing up Constantly

Post  Shelley Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:59 am

Hello
I have one of these systems and the boiler in the kitchen is firing up approx every 11 mins, this means that its firing up day and night even when water is not being used so costing a fortune and also when it does fire up, I can small gas. Also the tank thing in the spare bedroom/Airing cupboard is roasting and the room is like a sauna, I have tried turning the temperature down but this has no effect. Having read some of the other emails am I looking at a new board and do you k ow approx how much this will cost to replace. Many thanks Shelley

Shelley

Back to top Go down

Boiler Firing up Constantly Empty Re: Boiler Firing up Constantly

Post  Mike the Boilerman Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi Shelley,

The header tank on top of the Boilermate should not be getting hot. If yours is, it is probably over-filled. Try removing enough water to reduce the water level to the fill line moulded into the body of the tank.

The boiler temperature control MUST be set to MAXIMUM. Perversely you need to set the boiler MAX to stop it constantly firing as you describe. Try it! The Boilermate needs to be heated to a minimum of 65 deg C and if the boiler control is set lower than this temperature, the Boilermate will never reach this temperature and will constantly fire the boiler in an effort to heat itself up.

The smell of gas is nothing to do with the Boilermate and I strongly recommend you turn the boiler and the gas OFF until you have had the gas leak repaired. If the smell persists open the windows, do not operate any electrical equipment or switches, extinguish all naked flames and call National Grid Gas emergency service. The number is 0800 111999.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down