Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate II

3 posters

Go down

Boilermate II Empty Boilermate II

Post  Dan1206 Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:19 am

Hi all, I am after some much needed advice. I currently have mild DHW and luke warm CH. The property is 20 years old and we have been here for 2 so I doubt the system has been maintained etc. The external overflow pipe seems to drip when the heat is called for through the room stat. Last few days however the thermal store has been stone cold yet both pumps are running. The in and out of both pumps are luke warm yet the pumps themselves are hot.

I’ve removed the lid from the f&e tank and the water is currently around the level on the outer casing. Any tips into fault finding would be great!

Much appreciated, Dan

Dan1206

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II Empty no heat

Post  mmartin Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:32 am

If the pipes into both pumps are cold then surely the issue is with the heat source which I assume is the boiler? Has the boiler tripped out or gone off for some other reason? Regards Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II Empty Re: Boilermate II

Post  Dan1206 Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:56 am

Martin, thank you for your reply.
I have a Potteron suprima 3 boiler, currently the green neon is flashing as well as igniting every now again where it goes into a solid green.

Dan1206

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II Empty boiler

Post  mmartin Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:12 am

OK sound no red led to indicate an error. I assume you can tell that the boiler is lighting as well. Next question is what temperature is the water coming out of the boiler? Hopefully you can feel the pipes obviously you would expect them to be to hot to touch for long as a minimum when the boiler is running. If they are not the issue is probably with the boiler, if the boiler is not heating the water sufficiently then you are on a non-starter for hot water and heating. Regards Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Geths Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:01 pm

this may be a silly question, have you tried adjusting the blender valve to see if this improves the DHW temp?

Geths

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down