Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survey Result

3 posters

Go down

Survey Result Empty Survey Result

Post  agwebb Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:27 am

Hi, I am in the process of selling a home that has a BoilerMate 2000 fitted.  The prospective buyers have had a survey done and the report highlighted that the life expectancy of a BoilerMate 2000 is 10-15 years and is extremely expensive to repair.  They therefore want to discount the purchase price by £3000 so that they can have it replaced. I can confirm that the device is 12 years old.  I have had British Gas Homecare for the whole period.  They used to take a look at the BoilerMate when they did their annual service, but never did anything in the way of maintenance.  There are currently no issues with the system and I believe it to be in good working order.  I do not recall us having to have any repairs on it during the last 12 years.

As an expert on these systems, could you please advise on the following:

What is the life expectancy of a BoilerMate 2000?

Should routine maintenance be carried out on them?

Are parts overly expensive for them?

As it is in good working order, would you recommend replacing due to it being 12 years old parts being expensive if it does break down?

How much would it cost to replace a BoilerMate2000 with a new one?[/list]

Many thanks

agwebb

Back to top Go down

Survey Result Empty Life expectancy

Post  mmartin Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:44 am

According to many sites the life expectancy of a typical gas boiler is in the region of 10-15 years so would they be expecting to ask for a price reduction if the house had an aged boiler fitted ??

I think this comes under the heading of squeezing the price which from my experience of house sales is a bit of a 'game on' situation. I guess this is a case of who blinks first and how desperate you are to sell. If there is currently no issue with the system why would they expect a discount? Would they expect discounts because your cooker or whatever is of an age, or your double glazing is knocking on a bit!

I remember on one of my sales they kept coming back wanting us to leave this and leave that after the third request I told them if they came back with another request best not to as they would need to be looking for a different property anyway. I was lucky not to be desperate so not that bothered and they bought it so the gamble worked.

Good luck.

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Survey Result Empty More like £2,000

Post  Barry Foster Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:25 am

This is common, to cover themselves. I would think that the replacement time is indeed around 15 years, though. However, the cost is a little high. We would charge from £2,000 to replace a BoilerMate 2000.

Barry Foster

Back to top Go down

Survey Result Empty Re: Survey Result

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum