Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No heating unless switching Boilermate off and then on again

2 posters

Go down

No heating unless switching Boilermate off and then on again Empty No heating unless switching Boilermate off and then on again

Post  aaron Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:04 am

Plumber came to service boiler and move a radiator and during this he drained and refilled the system to the correct pressure. Since then the heating isn't working as expected, however the hot water is fine. Any advice would be much appreciated and I have noted the following information:
- Thermostat is switched on, Boilermate shows the correct display for calling for heat and boiler fires up
- Radiators get lukewarm
- Boiler then starts to cycle as it has reached 75'c
- Radiators then go cold
- I can feel the Boiler mate boiler/heating pump running, and all the pipework feels hot to touch including the central heating flow. This model only has 1 pump for both the boiler and radiator flow as far as I can see from the setup and manual.
- At this point, I switch off the green Boilermate switch, wait a for seconds and switch it back on. You hear a gushing of water. Boiler temp drops to 65ish and kicks back in, radiators immediately get hot and continue to do so until stat reaches temp
- Out of the 3 fuse breakers, only the left one is switched on. The other 2 are off, is this normal?

Anyone know what could be causing this? The resetting of the system seems to trigger something that makes the heating function correctly, but only for this specific point in time. If I switch the heating on during the evening or the next morning, I have to repeat the process.

Many thanks for in advance for an info.

Aaron

aaron

Back to top Go down

No heating unless switching Boilermate off and then on again Empty Re: No heating unless switching Boilermate off and then on again

Post  Amy_garrod Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:09 am

Can’t offer any help I’m afraid but I’m having this exact problem. Thermostat and boiler both new, heating will come on but when the room temperature drops it doesn’t kick back in again so we have to reset the boiler and then it will send hot water to the radiators for a while. Sometimes it stays working for a few hours then turns off again :face_palm_tone1:‍�

Amy_garrod

Back to top Go down

No heating unless switching Boilermate off and then on again Empty Re: No heating unless switching Boilermate off and then on again

Post  aaron Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:23 am

Amy_garrod wrote:Can’t offer any help I’m afraid but I’m having this exact problem. Thermostat and boiler both new, heating will come on but when the room temperature drops it doesn’t kick back in again so we have to reset the boiler and then it will send hot water to the radiators for a while. Sometimes it stays working for a few hours then turns off again :face_palm_tone1:‍�

I managed to fix this in the end, maybe it will help. Issue was due to an airlock in the boiler mate after having a new radiator and system was drained. When the boiletmate is hot, you should be able to follow the pipework up from where it leads from the boiler and see a small cap where there is a deadend in the pipework. I opened this up gently and loads of air came out. Repeating process 2/3 times the days after and its been fine since

aaron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down