Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it worth replacement of a Boilermate 2 system (including pumps) or is there a better similar system out there ?

2 posters

Go down

Is it worth replacement of a Boilermate 2 system (including pumps) or is there a better similar system out there ? Empty Is it worth replacement of a Boilermate 2 system (including pumps) or is there a better similar system out there ?

Post  silver4444uk Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:30 pm

I have a 18 yr old Boilermate 2 system, which has had  issues with the internal heat exchanger, presently has one seized central heating pump and one leaking pump. I have also had to replace the 2 pcbs in the past for various faults.

Is it worth replacing the system with a new replacement Boilermate system (at what cost ? ) or is there a better system out there ?

Thanks.

silver4444uk

Back to top Go down

Is it worth replacement of a Boilermate 2 system (including pumps) or is there a better similar system out there ? Empty Re: Is it worth replacement of a Boilermate 2 system (including pumps) or is there a better similar system out there ?

Post  silver4444uk Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:14 pm

If anybody can give me some constructive advice, on what I should do with my Boilermate 2 , I would be grateful.
Thanks

silver4444uk

Back to top Go down

Is it worth replacement of a Boilermate 2 system (including pumps) or is there a better similar system out there ? Empty Re: Is it worth replacement of a Boilermate 2 system (including pumps) or is there a better similar system out there ?

Post  Barry Foster Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:36 am

Couple of points; engineers can be reluctant to 'advise' as in these litigious days, advice could be taken as gospel! We can say what we might do, if the system were ours...
If it were mine, I would rip it out and go for underfloor heating (UFH), with a thermal store of hot water, OR a cylinder fed by a loft tank (since water rationing and cut-offs may well be coming down the line - yes, really!). Though UFH may not be suitable for you as it is very disrupting to install. Electric UFH is much simpler. I have that, and our electric bills are currently £4,000 a year (11 rooms, 3 bed, detached). That sounds a lot, but it's VERY convenient, as each room can be zoned with its own thermostat, and it's fairly easy to install.
A good-size combi boiler (and size is VERY important) would give you heating and hot water, rather than going for a cylinder. You would do well to get recommendations from family and friends for a local heating engineer...but get three quotes! You'll be amazed how different the quotes will be. It's important that you get a good flow of hot water, as that's what you've been used to. If the mains water isn't great (pressure/flow) then a cylinder with a pump on the hot water outlet is good, though pricey.

Barry Foster

Back to top Go down

Post  silver4444uk Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:26 am

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your suggestions.

silver4444uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down