Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boliermate 2000 replacing store sensor

3 posters

Go down

Boliermate 2000 replacing store sensor Empty Boliermate 2000 replacing store sensor

Post  ScottM Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:18 am

What is involved in repalcing the store sensor (GT149) on a Boilermate 2000? Does the system need to be drained? Is it a job for a heating engineer or could I have a go?

I assume it is this sensor, sometimes when I turn up the thermostat in the hall the heating doesn't come on and it can take 10/15 minutes before it fires up. Also sometime the heating won't turn off when I turn the thermostat down.

I noticed yesterday when I had the panel off the Boilermate when it wouln't turn off, Store_T1 was showing oEr (Sensor error) and flashed 99 (degrees) briefly.

ScottM

Back to top Go down

Boliermate 2000 replacing store sensor Empty Re: Boliermate 2000 replacing store sensor

Post  zmiceruk Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:48 am

The top sensor is easy to replace. No need to drain the boiler. Turn off the mains water, drain the pipes, unscrew it and put the new one in. I had to replace the top sensor when my hot water was fluctuating and hot water pump was making low grunting noise.

The other sensor can be replaced without draining if you are prepared to get wet a bit. Cool the boiler first and quickly replace the sensor. Or go through draining process and at the same time add inhibitor when you refil the tank.

zmiceruk

Back to top Go down

Boliermate 2000 replacing store sensor Empty Store Sensor

Post  mmartin Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:41 am

Hi the store sensor fits in a pocket in the tank so is not in the water system. Generally they come out OK but the odd time they can stick a bit. Please note these sensors are not thermistors they are active devices so have +5v supply to them so please ensure you wire them in correctly. Hope this helps.

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boliermate 2000 replacing store sensor Empty Re: Boliermate 2000 replacing store sensor

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down