Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacing my old Pulsacoil III

3 posters

Go down

Replacing my old Pulsacoil III Empty Replacing my old Pulsacoil III

Post  pulsacoil3owner Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:14 am

Hi,
I live in a flat which has a Pulsacoil III installed but I am now thinking of replacing it with something better and one that would provide enough water for a household of 3-4 people.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which brand and what I should be looking for? I know almost nothing about water storage solutions but would welcome any suggestions.

How much does these storages typically cost including labour?

Many thanks in advance for any input.

JJ

pulsacoil3owner

Back to top Go down

Replacing my old Pulsacoil III Empty Re: Replacing my old Pulsacoil III

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:21 am

Not sure you need something better, the Pulsacoil III is very good indeed (when it works!)

I imagine you actually mean you need MORE hot water. For this you need a BIGGER appliance which stores more water heated overnight, probably much bigger for four people. Either that or leave the boost element on all the time. This will fix your problem but give you much higher bills.

There are very few firms making electric thermal stores. DPS from Banstead are probably the biggest competitor. Gledhill still make them though. The current model is much simpfied and very good!

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Replacing my old Pulsacoil III Empty Replacing my old Pulsacoil III

Post  pulsacoil3owner Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:03 am

Hi Mike,
I have had an experienced engineer out and all it was that the pump was not working properly. It was only pumping a little at a time thus the low volume of hot water. He is going to replace the pump and, fingers crossed, hope that will solve the problem. He also said that I don't need to replace it as it is only 10 years old.

pulsacoil3owner

Back to top Go down

Replacing my old Pulsacoil III Empty Re: Replacing my old Pulsacoil III

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:41 am

Sounds to me as though this guy is guessing. Pumps rarely fail on the PCIII. Did he measure the voltage being fed to the pump before annoucing it was faulty? I predict the new pump will behave in exactly the same way. Pumps either work or they don't. If they are 'only pumping a little at a time', it's usually because they are only being fed with electricity a little of the time!

I'm not sure he's as experienced with fault diagnosis as you believe. Get a Pulsacoil expert in.

Are you saying it used to work fine and now it doesn't? That isn't what your intial post implies.

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Replacing my old Pulsacoil III Empty More information on replacement system

Post  sunny.sahdev Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:37 am

Below are links which may help you if you are looking for a new system:

Pulsacoil BP
Pulsacoil BP Manual
Pulsacoil Replacement

Hope this help

sunny.sahdev