Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate TS140 fault

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate TS140 fault Empty Boilermate TS140 fault

Post  Rob_Jacques Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:40 am

Hi,

I am currently using what I believe to be a Boilermate TS140. Recently, after a period of time, the central heating has been cutting out, & the digital clock / timer on the Boilermate unit resets (clock to zero, & preset switching times deleted). The unit appears to be running hotter than usual, although I may just be imagining this. A test today revealed that this reset is happening after around 40 minutes. It is possible to then switch the heating back on, & it then functions fine, but again resets after some time. Hot water does not appear affected by this malfunction.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Is it possible that the unit is overheating - & is there an inbuilt control to cut off power if this happens?

Cheers,

Rob.

Rob_Jacques

Back to top Go down

Boilermate TS140 fault Empty Re: Boilermate TS140 fault

Post  Mike the Boilerman Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:49 am

Hi Rob,

Which range Boilermate is it? TS140 is not a lot of help! A II, a III, a 2000,or an A-Class?

Sounds like a clock failure and a new clock/timer will fix it. OR possibly a power supply problem. What boiler is connected to it? (Make and model?)

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob_Jacques Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm not sure which Boilermate range our unit falls under, we inherited the current set up when we moved to this property around a year ago, & we don't have the original documention. The above is a photo of the unit in question. The boiler we're using is a Myson Orion.

[img]Boilermate TS140 fault Cimg2610[/img]

Cheers,

Rob.

Rob_Jacques

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob_Jacques Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Sorry, should be a bit easier to view the photo now.

[img]Boilermate TS140 fault Cimg2611[/img]

Cheers,

Rob.

Rob_Jacques

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:03 am

Ok, that's a Boilermate Original. Very few of them left now!

Simple appliance. The heating pump is powered by the clock via (I think) the pump delay timer board. The Boilermate Original may not have that delay timer board actually but I can't remember, it may have been first introduced on the Boilermate II.

This sort of fault is most easily diagnosed by the 'parts swapping' technique. Change the clock and the delay board (if it has one) together for a 100% certain fix. If economy is important then I'd change the timer first and see if the problem persists. If it does, I'd put the old timer back and change the delay board.

If there is no delay timer board then it HAS to be a clock/timer fault. It will not be anything to do with the Orion boiler.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob_Jacques Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi Mike,

We opted to change the timer unit first & see if that solved the issue & thankfully since doing that everything seems to be working again. The old timer unit wasn't properly fixed to the surrounding housing, & so it pushed back onto the inner skin of the boilermate every time a button was pressed - once removed the unit looked somewhat worse for wear. It appeared that the heat may have fried it over time...

Thanks for all of your help,

Cheers,

Rob.

Rob_Jacques

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down