Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water level light off but expansion tank not empty

3 posters

Go down

Water level light off but expansion tank not empty Empty Water level light off but expansion tank not empty

Post  stefan Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:51 am

Hi

My girl friend has a Pulsacoil III. Recently she has noticed that the hot water turns lukewarm much quicker than usual. when she has tried to have a bath the hot water turns from hot to mildly warm before the bath is full and she only gets a hot shower for about 10 minutes which is less that she used to get.

I have looked at the Pulsacoil and noticed that the water level light is off. I have checked the expansion tank above the main tank. The water level is about 1 3rd full. This is hooked up to the mains and has ball valve to keep it at that level.

Do you have any ideas?

Many thanks for this useful web site and any help you can provide
Stefan

stefan

Back to top Go down

Water level light off but expansion tank not empty Empty Re: Water level light off but expansion tank not empty

Post  Mike the Boilerman Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:24 am

Hi Stefan,

I think your water level warning LED has failed. If the water level float switch detects a low level (or fails - a common fault!) Both the green LEDs turn OFF. Power is also withdrawn from the control board and heaters and the the unit stops working completely.

The fact that yours continues to produce hot water, just less of it, suggests something else is wrong too. I think you are running on the upper heater element only and the lower Off Peak element has stopped working for some reason. Could be element failure, thermostat failure, Off Peak power supply failure.

Is the big brass nut on the lower heater element hot to the touch first thing in the morning? If cool or just warm, definitely something wrong with the lower heater.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Water level light off but expansion tank not empty Empty Neon Sourced

Post  sunny.sahdev Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:31 am

Hi Stefan,

You can order the neon on-line via this site -> Gledhill Pulsacoil 3 Spares

The part number is XB100

Also I noticed you said the overhead tank is hooked up to a mains water supply with a ball valve. If the header tank has an over flow pipe, you can leave that on so you never have to worry about topping it up. If it does not have an overflow pipe, I would highly recommend you isolate it after use.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Water level light off but expansion tank not empty Empty Re: Water level light off but expansion tank not empty

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down