Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate III huge gas usage

3 posters

Go down

Boilermate III huge gas usage Empty Boilermate III huge gas usage

Post  Poloboy Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi Mike

Firstly can I say you have a fantastic resource here and thanks very much for doing this!

Secondly (the boiler bit ) I have a gledhill systemate III at the property I rent. This boiler is covered by British gas home care but they seem unable to problem solve the system ate III. The boiler is using huge amounts of gas since we moved in, approx £130+ in 7 days according to EDF when I rang up to check cost against meter readings as I was concerned by the amount the boiler seems to be burning.

The boiler is firing every 5-6 mins for 1-2 mins all day and night wether the heating/hot water is on or not. so often in fact that the boiler is constantly very hot to touch. I have checked the boiler is on it's highest setting as recommended yet this behaviour does not slow down, just uses more gas now! We have shut the entire system off as I cannot afford insane gas bills. I hope you are able to shed some light on the problem, if it is fixable I am going to ask the landlord to contract you to fix it as we are in Surrey so quite close to you!

Many thanks

Paul

Poloboy

Back to top Go down

Boilermate III huge gas usage Empty Re: Boilermate III huge gas usage

Post  mike Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi
I am not familiar with the System mate III
But looking at the book.
You have a store temperature sensor
And an ACB Appliance control board.
The boiler is always run on max as the stores controls the boiler.
The store temperature sensor will have its high setting which once reached will be satisfied and switch the boiler off.
Once the store temperature drops and this will be a fair bit then it it call for heat and the boiler will light.
I would also check that the boiler does switch off if you turn the stat or boiler control down once hot of course.
IF nothing is using the heat from the store e.g. heating or hot water then there is something wrong.
Look on the home page to see if there is anyone in your area advertising.
Or search on Google for someone in your area.
Or ring Gledhill Technical help line at 60p per minute.
Which may be worth while as you are on the BG home care plan.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk.

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Poloboy Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi mike

Thanks for the speedy reply!

The boiler does turn off, it's just consistently every 5 mins or so it fires again and heats the store. Would this be the acb firing the boiler (possibly cause by a faulty acb/sensor) or do you think there is another process between the acb and the boiler firing?

When it does fire there is nothing using the heat from the store so it just fires day and night all the time.

Many thanks

Paul

Poloboy

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Acb / sensor check needed.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Poloboy Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Sorry to keep posting, I have just checked the LCD, it seems the store temp needs to reach 71 degrees to stop the boiler, the low temp is set at 68 degrees so turns boiler back on again. 3 degrees does not seem enough fluctuation surely?

Poloboy

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Speak to Gledhill
They will lead you through it over the phone.
Well worth 60p per minute
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Poloboy Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Ok thanks for your advice :-)

Poloboy

Back to top Go down

Boilermate III huge gas usage Empty Similar problem

Post  Stickywallet Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:09 am

Hi Poloboy

Could you advise what resolved this problem as I have exactly the same issue. I have a boilermate 3 and a Potterton suprima boiler and it fires it every 7-8 minutes with no demand.
I have just had to change the diverter valve, the pump underneath it and the pump control board as the old div valve leaked water all over the pump and blew it.
I have also changed the store temp sensor, which then brought more of the green lights on, did you need a new control board?
Appreciate any enlightenment.

Stickywallet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down