Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil 2000 - Cold Water!

3 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - Cold Water! Empty Pulsacoil 2000 - Cold Water!

Post  Craig26 Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:19 am

Having problems with my pulacoil 2000 again. The red light on the board is flashing so I think there is no problems thermastat/heater. The boiler feels hot so I think the water is heating up. When i turn on the taps though, I am not getting any hot water at all. I think it may be a problem with the pump or could it be something else causing it?

It may be a coincidence but my mate turned the boiler off instead of turning the on-peak boost off and since then the water has been cold.
(Obviously, I have turned it back on!!)

Craig26

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - Cold Water! Empty Re: Pulsacoil 2000 - Cold Water!

Post  Mike the Boilerman Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:08 pm

Hmmmmm..... probably a stuck pump, or a failed heat sensor.

Try measuring the voltage being fed to the pump while a (should be) hot tap is running, and report back.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig26 Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:53 am

thanks for reply.

I had someone out to fix it and they told me it was a faulty circuit board as no signal was going from the board to the pump. They changed this and then there was hot water. I got back from work a few hours later and again there was no hot water. Don't know if it's same problem and if so if there is another fault on the boiler that could be causing it to rehappen.

Craig26

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike the Boilerman Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:29 am

Hmmmm I stick to my original diagnosis. This is almost certainly sensor failure. I suggest you get the bloke back to change the sensor and if that works, replace your original circuit board (and refund some money!)

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig26 Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:23 am

Thank you!

I had the guy back today and he changed the sensor. I let him find out himself what was wrong with it rather than telling him what you had suggested.

He didn't want to give me any money back for the circuit board I purchased and when i asked if he still had it he said that he didn't keep it. I think I will have to ring the company directly and see if they can do any sort of refund if I complain that they had made a mistake. Their arguement is that there was hot water when they left the first time after changing the board, even though this was very temporary still corrected a fault.

Craig26

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - Cold Water! Empty It could have been both the Pump and PCB

Post  sunny.sahdev Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:02 am

Without the original diagnostic conclusion, it is hard to say if the PCB board was fault our not. I would have said it is the pump or sensors. Confirm you have the correct pump which should be a Grundfos 15-50X18

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down