Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just don't know where to start..

4 posters

Go down

I just don't know where to start.. Empty I just don't know where to start..

Post  sgrahams Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:49 pm

I had gledhill response round to look a my pulsa 2000, they serviced the unit but it still only provides hot water with boost (trying to get economy 7).. they advise there is something wrong with the control panel; not sending signals; from what I google seems like the Orion 500 /512 needs replacing but they no longer made. The property also has nobo wall heaters so i called nobo.. after some emails a friendly service engineer he suggested the following..

As promised, please find attached. An electrician can either remove the RSX and fit a timer like the Newlec NLCUT2. Or he can bypass the RSX and fit a timer at the isolator switch like the Greenbrook T105-C. If you show this email and the wiring pdf to an electrician and he does not understand it get another electrician !!!

A) will this work, does anyone here have a comment, good or bad.

B) I think i need an sparks to do this.. I spent (google) 14 hours today trying to find one in Croydon who knows what I'm talking about but just no luck; perhaps because they know that I don't know what I'm talking about. Help please.

Thank you, this my first post.

Last edited by sgrahams on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammer, comprehension and spelling D-)
sgrahams
sgrahams

Back to top Go down

I just don't know where to start.. Empty I just don't know where to start..

Post  sgrahams Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Forgot to mention.. I've had lots of problems with the Pulsa 2000 over the years (about 8); one heating engineer advised I have a Megaflow fitted for about £900; comments please. He mentioned something about drain-off and planning being a problem?
Thank you.

Last edited by sgrahams on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : eating donuts to releive stress; now sugar all over the keyboard so when i press w, puts q)
sgrahams
sgrahams

Back to top Go down

I just don't know where to start.. Empty Re: I just don't know where to start..

Post  The truth Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:40 pm

All manufacturing companies have issues. Bearing in mind this is a Gledhill repair forum, I doubt you will get many people say " fit a Megaflow ". Cotherm ( Megaflow ) had an issue with their thermal cut outs tripping.

Follow the advise already given and install a different timer. If Gledhill Response have serviced the cylinder your issue is external. Getting a competent electrician to resolve will cure the problem ( Assuming Gledhill Reponse haven't missed something !!).

The truth

Back to top Go down

Post  southern nrg Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm

hi mate, is it the pcb which the engineer said was the problem or the control with the green neon switch? those orion things are crap by the way, on the big nobo control you will have to find which one is the controll for the boiler for the off peak electric, make sure that is on and the green l.e.d on the nobo switch inside the boiler cover should come on, red one just stays on permanent i think, i have replaced them in the past because they break.. you can just take the small nobo switch in the pulsacoil off and replace it with a timer which is suitable for the job. yes it should be done by an electrician but you can buy them from screwfix or somewhere like that if you want to have a go and are competent doing it??? they fitted the pulsacoil as it gets around the building regs part g i think it is???? dont quote me on that. where the need for an overflow is not required, you will need a overflow with a megaflow cylinder as it is an unvented system and building control will need to be informed and i bet you have concrete floors which make it a mare to install. hope that helps?

southern nrg

http://www.southernnrg.co.uk

Back to top Go down

I just don't know where to start.. Empty Thank you for' The Truth', much appreciated!

Post  sgrahams Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:24 am

The truth wrote:All manufacturing companies have issues. Bearing in mind this is a Gledhill repair forum, I doubt you will get many people say " fit a Megaflow ". Cotherm ( Megaflow ) had an issue with their thermal cut outs tripping.

Follow the advise already given and install a different timer. If Gledhill Response have serviced the cylinder your issue is external. Getting a competent electrician to resolve will cure the problem ( Assuming Gledhill Reponse haven't missed something !!).

Thank you for 'The Truth', much appreciated!
sgrahams
sgrahams

Back to top Go down

I just don't know where to start.. Empty Thank you for your advice and time 'Southern NRG'!

Post  sgrahams Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:45 am

southern nrg wrote:hi mate, is it the pcb which the engineer said was the problem or the control with the green neon switch? those orion things are crap by the way, on the big nobo control you will have to find which one is the controll for the boiler for the off peak electric, make sure that is on and the green l.e.d on the nobo switch inside the boiler cover should come on, red one just stays on permanent i think, i have replaced them in the past because they break.. you can just take the small nobo switch in the pulsacoil off and replace it with a timer which is suitable for the job. yes it should be done by an electrician but you can buy them from screwfix or somewhere like that if you want to have a go and are competent doing it??? they fitted the pulsacoil as it gets around the building regs part g i think it is???? dont quote me on that. where the need for an overflow is not required, you will need a overflow with a megaflow cylinder as it is an unvented system and building control will need to be informed and i bet you have concrete floors which make it a mare to install. hope that helps?

Thank you for your advice and time 'Southern NRG'!
Two visits from gledhill response, different bods; both advised problem with the signal from the Orion Control Panel, it would seen these were
not fit for purpose as many failed. A neighbor called in nobo (nobo wall heaters fitted) and they fitted a basic 24hr timer with pegs set on/off timer; I approached nobo and they suggested same, but seems they no-longer help with this service, So I am trying to find someone in Croydon area to check Economy 7 wired correctly to pulsacoil 2000, and that they can fit a timer; also plan to leave Orion dormant on wall as will look bad if removed.

Am I going in right direction?

Sincerely,
sgrahams
sgrahams

Back to top Go down

Post  southern nrg Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:56 am

Just thinking about this, you shouldnt have a nobo control fitted if you have economy 7 fitted as you wont need it, have you already got economy7? the flats i work on have the nobo control but not economy 7 as the times may conflict? depending what the nobo is set to come on / off at.
cheers

southern nrg

http://www.southernnrg.co.uk

Back to top Go down

I just don't know where to start.. Empty Thanks AGAIN for your advice and time 'Southern NRG'!

Post  sgrahams Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:06 pm

southern nrg wrote:Just thinking about this, you shouldnt have a nobo control fitted if you have economy 7 fitted as you wont need it, have you already got economy7? the flats i work on have the nobo control but not economy 7 as the times may conflict? depending what the nobo is set to come on / off at.
cheers

Thanks AGAIN for your advice and time 'Southern NRG'! Yes, have E7 - but not sure if connected from E7 meter to pulsacoil 2000.. I have found someone from knows about orion and pulsacoil (he fixed neighbors same problem by fitting a separate digital timer) Will be back here again if still does not work. Sincerely,
sgrahams
sgrahams

Back to top Go down

I just don't know where to start.. Empty Economy 7

Post  sunny.sahdev Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:40 am

If you have an economy 7 supply, you do not really need a timer installed. Be careful, if you have a two rate meter then you do need a timer installed. I would personally recommend the timer for you Pulsacoil 2000 is separated and you use a Horstmann Electronic 7 Timer.

You can find the timer via this link below:
Pulsacoil 2000 Spares

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down